Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I completely agree with the emails, not everyone has the time to go the workstation. Emails you can get on your phone now. It is hard for someone like me that is disabled who don't have the support from friends and family. I have 1 family member and 5 friends that sell Scentsy too(we also have a lot of the same friends). So it is hard to get people to buy and I do events and get told constantly that I already have a consultant. They are also telling me that the scents are not lasting as long as they used too. They also say the don't like the shipping prices and they can get it for cheaper at Walmart or Target.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAscents View Post
That's why you don't have to do 150 every month. They know that 'life happens' - so they give you 3 months to get the bare bones minimum for one party in. Since consultants started a business when they join if they're not able to work it extremely part time and just do 150 once every 90 days, then they really are better equipped to be a host and earn free and half off items.
I am not a consultant with Scentsy but I would like to enter in my two cents.

I agree with LAscents on both of her posts. I think this new policy is going to be a very positive thing for the company simply because it will open the door wider for those who are really working their businesses to the best of their ability. I've heard countless times from Scentsy consultants (and other companies too) that they're so tired of the consultant saturation amongst their friends, family, town, city, etc. With this new policy, saturation will decrease rapidly in the company and will either force current reps to kick it into high gear to maintain their consultant status or will weed out those who mainly use their business for discounts and personal use.

I am not saying that being a consultant with a company for personal discounts is a bad thing -- only that the *feeling* of saturation in many companies may largely be attributed to the fact that many consultants are only using their consultant status for discounts.

In closing, I believe 90 days is enough time to get 150 PV -- just looking at the prices of the products, this should be achievable within a party or two combined with a consultant's personal sales. I know it's threatening to have something like a minimum PV amount hanging over your heads, but try to think of it as something positive for your business and for those in your company who are working toward personal success.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Well said Laurie and Ashley. I think it is a good business decision. If you are not ordering 150pv in 3 months, then you are probably not getting much of a discount. Plus if you have a website, that's an additional $10 you are spending each month. I also agree that 150 PV once in 3 months is not a lot. No one should have to worry about meeting this requirement if they are working their business just a little. Scentsy price points of $5.00 bars is very doable. Something most folks can afford especially if they already have a warmer.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
WAHM Fanatic

One reason for the weekly News update change is the fact that so many emails are dumped into a spam or bulk folder so many consultants never see them. The other reason is to get people to plug-in to their business by visiting their work station weekly.

I have had consultants go for months without reading any notices and thus are really not engaged in the business, promotions and such. Checking the work station takes only a few minutes each week. This is something we should all be doing for our business.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I think this is the right direction for Scentsy to move back into. It will definitely keep me motivated to work my business and hopefully motivate my downline and we will be a stronger team. If you want it bad enough you will find one party every three months!

Even if you have to grab a phone book and go down the list and start calling people and asking them if they would be interested in receiving a Scentsy catalog. Call local businesses and ask if you can do a staff room party,or let them know you have great corporate gifts! Go and drop off business cards with product lists in your neighbourhood mailboxes-anything!

I truly believe everyone can do it! I literally have a handful of friends and I have built a great client base by just breaking out of my comfort zone and talking to EVERYONE!

Even hand a sample and business card to the person who gives you your coffee in a drive thru! ANYTHING! It may be awkward at first but you get better and more comfortable and you learn that people love free samples
Old 05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't see where it hurts the company to keep it the way it was and not have to sell 150.00
Even in 3 months time some consultants are unable to do that for some reason or another...
If a consultant only sells 50.00 in 3 months time, Scentsy is still making money off that 50.00
I don't understand why it's such a big deal...The ladies that signed up thinking they didn't have to do that cause that was the policy then and might lose their business because of it..no, I don't think it's fair...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Smile

A tip to get sales is to have customers or previous hosts gather just 4 orders valued at $40 PRV in a given month. This will get you active and is minimal when you think about it.

Also, Scentsy has the bring back my bar promotion coming in July, plus the monthly promotions to help Consultants achieve active status.

It is still a great product and company. I wish you all much success!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Just for clarification it is $150 in 1 month out of 3 months not $150 in 3 months. If it was $150 in 3 months I would be able to stay in it.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm not a consultant but a huge fan of Scentsy. I know that Walmart has bars and warmers, Candle warmers has bars and warmers, Ashlad at Micheals has bars and warmers etc. Scentsy is still number 1! And I also feel that there are loyal customers that return time and again. My consultant who isn't all that active and I feel only stays in business because I order plenty for me and have my mother in law and sisters in law plus friends order from her is what still keep her in business! I love the fact that she never ever charges shipping! She combines our orders and no one pays shipping. She eats the shipping cost. I think that is great!