Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Help deciding on Scentsy

Hi,

I love Scentsy. Not a day without a great scent in my home so I thought selling it might be great. I had contacted a rep who sent a catalog. I have emailed her but I think she is a bit busy. I am trying to find out the ons to this.
We will be moving in a month or so so this might not be the best time to do this. On the other hand, just between what I buy and my family, it could work till we are settled. Is there any issues if you don't have any sales in a particular month? Does Scentsy frown on sales just to yourself and family?
What does a Rep really do to help you get started?
Is the $99 quoted in the catalog all you really have to pay to start?

Thanks for help.
Oh, I'm a retired Grandma that stays at home so I wonder if that would help or hurt.

~M. Grace
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM
WAHM Veteran

Many of our consultants are personal users. Others work it part time and then some of us do this full time, being our sole source of income to support our families. We embrace everyone and know that not everyone chooses to do this 'as a business'. You're absolutely welcome to join us. No negative ramifications if you don't sell a certain amount each month. I would encourage you to work with someone who is responsive and can answer your questions timely.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Super WAHM

I totally agree! You can definitely sign up and just sell for your own use. I have team members who do just that. All you have to do is place an order of any amount every 6 months to keep your account open.

Yes, all you need is $99 to purchase your kit and start your own business. Whatever you decide to put into your business after that is up to you.

When I first started, I just put the warmer out I was given in my kit and warmed the scent I was given. Then, I placed the testers on my dinner table and invited friends over. You can have some inepxensive chips and dip. That's all you need! I love the ease of this business!

I think it is great you are a Grandma and thinking about selling this wonderful product! I'm sending you a PM now.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

The kit is $99 plus shipping & tax so it comes out to about $117 total depending on your tax rate. Like everyone said, there are lots of hobbyists who joined for the discount for themselves or to just sell to friends & family. I was one of those when I joined 5 years ago. You could do that until you get settled in your new place, then take on more when you're ready. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to build a strong Scentsy business. Let us know if we can answer further questions.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks

Thank you for the helpful information.
I think just between my family, I could average $200 a month until we were settled. Then I will have all the church ladies over and show them. Who knows.
I was just afraid Scentsy would consider it unfair if I just joined to get extra savings.

Thanks so much. I look forward to joining and figuring out a great way to start a little business.

~M. Grace
Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think many of us joined to support our "habbit"
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainsley\ View Post
Like everyone said, there are lots of hobbyists who joined for the discount for themselves or to just sell to friends & family. I was one of those when I joined 5 years ago.
I absolutely was too. I received an unsolicited catalog in the mail, thought it looked interesting, knew I absolutely did not want to work this as a business, but I'd be my own best customer. You're right, there are many of us who joined for that reason.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered WAHM

MercyGrace, I am also a fellow Minnesotan and like you was unsure if I wanted to sell Scentsy at first! After much thought and much research about the company, I knew it was the right fit for me and so happy I did! I find it to be fulfilling, challenging and most of all fun! The start up cost is only, $99.00 for the kit( about $116 with tax) and includes everything you need right off the bat, to start your business! Scenty also provides you with a workstation as well that helps you with your business, which offers you much needed tools to get started!

One of my best words of advice, is to find a sponsor who is knowledgeable with the business and available to be there to help you! I was fortunate to find a great sponsor, and has helped me be successful in my Scentsy business!
I wish you the best and also like everyone else would be willing to answer any question!
Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Scentsy is SOOOOOOOOOO relaxed about targets when you start. You only need like a $1 order between July-Dec to keep your account. If you want to build a team they then start expecting more from you but still compared to most DSA companies....Scentsy is so easy!

You will have some business expenses so the $99 isn't the only thing you'll ever pay out towards Scentsy.

As far as how much your sponsor will help you get started....it depends on who you join under. I'd recommend spending a lot of time finding someone who you jive with. Location of your sponsor DOESNT matter...its the support they are willing to give you. Level doesn't matter either....there's some Directors and above who aren't supportive.

Wish you all the best in your journey. Do what's right for you and your family. If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me as I'd be glad to help.