Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 AM
WAHM Addict

You have received some great advice and information. One thing I want to mention is Scentsy is a consumable product. Take this into consideration when choosing a company/product. Your customers are going to run out of bars, sprays, etc. and will (likely) want to order more. This is great for selling. Set up your customer base and provide great customer service so you can reap the benefit of re-orders.

And, I agree with what the other ladies said...Scentsy is just a great company from top to bottom.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Grand WAHM

Hi You already got a lot of good advice. I just wanted to welcome you
to our Scentsy folder. Good luck to you.

Teresa
Old 09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaW603 View Post
I guess an important question I have is how best to choose a sponsor since that's something that you cannot change. From what I've read that person is then your leader and you become a part of their downline, correct?
Correct. And you cannot switch sponsors once you enroll, unless you resign and sit it out six months before requesting that your account be restored. So with that in mind, I would suggest that you treat choosing a sponsor as you would if you were interviewing someone to work with you, because that's essentially what you are doing. You should talk with more than one person. Then ask questions such as how available are they, how quickly they respond to questions and concerns (within the hour, within 8 hours, within 48 hours, etc.). Do they prefer to communicate via email, text or phone? Are there team meetings or team forums/websites? Ask questions about their knowledge of the compensation and policies.

If you found someone you think you may want to sign with but are concerned about their knowledge level, then ask about accessibility to his/her upline directors. Just ask a lot of questions.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Re: On the Fence

Wow, you are all so wonderful Thank you all for your feedback and advice!

I have decided to go with Scentsy and am working on picking a sponsor now.

I'm so excited! And I think this is the right party plan for me to start my own business with. I love Willow House's product line and will probably do that as more of a PT business for my own use and friends and family, but Scentsy is the business that I want to work FT.

I know that Laurie has done very well with online marketing (Kudos to your drive and dedication Laurie!) and I'm interested in doing the same. I'm looking at all of your websites and talking to some of you offline, but so enjoy your feedback and advice so please keep it coming. Please add anything you feel I should still know and maybe even why I should choose you as my sponsor. Not trying to start a battle in any way...lol...but I want to be sure to take all of your advice and pick the sponsor that's right for me. Seems as though each of you understand that no one consultant is the right sponsor for everyone so I look forward to choosing that special sponsor soon! Thanks a million ladies! I look forward to working with each of you!
- Tricia
Old 09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Tricia!!! Yay! I'm so excited for you! It sounds like you have some great experience to bring to the table. Which ever sponsor you choose will be blessed to have you on their team for sure!
Each sponsor will have strengths and weaknesses. All of us are a work in progress from Essential all the way up to SuperStar Director.
I know I learn something new from my team everyday!
Best of luck with your search and keep us posted
Old 09-16-2011, 02:53 PM
WAHM Veteran

Wise choice Tricia!

I suspect that after you do your research and talk with different consultants you may get a feeling about which person is the best fit for you. You're doing all the right things - looking before you leap - and I'm sure you'll discover different personalities and styles; as a result you'll likely find someone you mesh well with.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

Congrats Tricia on your decision to join Scentsy!!! I promise you will not be disappointed!!! You are doing the wise thing on picking a Sponsor...it is a BIG decision and you need someone that will be there for you to help you every step of the way!! Good luck with your decision and I look forward to watching you move up the ladder!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Awesome WAHM

Seen someone answered this for me. This is how it worked for me..
I was in UL for 2 yrs before I joined Scentsy---home businesses were new to me, so I had lots to learn . I think I had established a good customer base with them (I live in a small town of 2000), so now most know that I sell both...and they know me---I don't push one over the other. If their interest is UL--thats what I show and tell them about---if its Scentsy thats what I do.
The nice thing I have had with Scentsy is that I have a "team"--both up and downlines. In UL--I have no up or downline.
But doing both works for me...my children are grown up and gone... and these are my "fun" jobs. So sorry I am not familiar with Willow House, but I believe like someone mentioned, as long as not the same product, not a problem. I know some companies are fine with it as long as you don't build a team.. If you are a consultant for Willow House, I would suggest you check their documents.
You will love Scentsy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaW603 View Post
Thank you Christy! Sound advice. I am ordering from a Scentsy fundraiser show so there is someone local that I can talk to as well but wanted to speak to some folks on here and get some feedback as well. I notice you among others on the forum work more than one party plan and when I searched for an answer to what Scentsy's consultant agreement allows it was all archived and seemed a bit unclear. Is there a simple answer to what other lines you can also work. For example, would Scentsy and Willow House conflict in any way? Thank you!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thanks to each of you for your advice and feedback. I truly appreciated all of it!

And I look forward to working with all of you.

- Tricia

Tags
scentsy business