Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Full-time Mompreneur

Smile Scentsy stuff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by DeannaAmber; 05-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey B!
First... follow your nose to your mailbox! Your package will be there shortly!
Second... I think you are wise building what you already have. At Scentsy convention, that was part of what Orville (Scentsy President) spoke about during his keynote. Just to shortly paraphrase, Lots of simple systems can work together to build one complex one and you just keep building... mastering what you have before taking on more.
There is now no quota to keep your Scentsy account. They will deacitivate accounts that are inactive on January 1 of each year. As long as a consultant has some sales they can keep their account.
There are consultants that can speak to online businesses better than I can. I know there are consulants on this forum who have their entire business online. Online marketing is an artform!
What would your goal be for how many parties or "events" you would like to do? What's YOUR income goal?

Last edited by jessicaj; 08-24-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Awesome WAHM

I understand what you mean about taking on more then you want. I took 9 months to decide to join Scentsy for reasons it looks like are similar to yours. We are not allowed to post our revenues or "promised income" but check out our compensation plan and you can see it is comparable to most Home Base Businesses.
And 100% online??--if you are well trained it that skill--yes some gals do quite well. Myself I am not "teching" enough to figure all of that out.
-What sold me---the scents.
Good luck in your search.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 AM
WAHM Veteran

We're prohibited from making any income claims, but DSA has published that the average direct selling consultant makes $2,400 per year. Clearly there are some who earn much more and some who earn less.

As a single parent, I am earning a full time income with Scentsy and I have never done any parties with Scentsy. I did hundreds over the decade+ I was with Partylite but when I started Scentsy I knew for a variety reasons that I needed to use alternative platforms to sell, and it has worked well for me. My biz is 100% online. I do not have any technical, formal internet marketing skills. I just read and listen and experiment and try to keep up with this ever advancing technology.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I would say in the 3 years that I've been with Scentsy, I've only done about 20 Home Parties. My sales come from mostly Basket Parties and reorders. Usually the bulk of my home parties are held before the holidays, so I look forward to getting a few here in the next few months.

My husband just got called back to work last week. He has been laid off since December. Thankfully my Scentsy business has helped us out a lot! I am moving my oldest into her first apartment tomorrow and I get to stay home with my little one. This business has really been a blessing and I'm so thankful every day that I'm here!

Best of luck with your business and anything else that you tackle in the future.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I believe you can, because I have a neighbor who is a director with the company. And she brought a suv, selling scentsy. I dont sell it but everything I hear about about the company is very good. A lot of military wives sell it. Hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm not in Scentsy (just a client) but I know 3 people who make a good living, one a VERY good living from Scentsy. I wish you all the best in your decision. I just love the product.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Full-time Mompreneur

I have to be near 6 figures before considering leaving my job..Not sure how long I'll stay, though. I'm pretty much done lol.

Last edited by DeannaAmber; 05-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Scentsy

I was wondering if Scentsy has any smaller kits available or run any specials it seems like the stater kit has been $99 for awhile
Old 09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Full-time Mompreneur

PM'd you Newy

Tags
miabella, partylite, scensty, soylicious, yankee candle