Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Starting in July & need uggestions for starting

I will be signing up for Scentsy in the middle of July. I'll have my personal website all done by then and be ready to go. I have LOTS of questions and the people I am signing up under have been very helpful but I I'd like other consultants input, too. What suggestions or tips do you have for new consultants? What worked for you and what didn't? Does anyone have any good tips for online websites or social media marketing? Does anyone do an open house for themselves on a consistent basis, i.e. once every three or six months? If so, was it worth it?

Has anyone ever done fundraising? What worked for you and what didn't? How much commission did you give for the fundraising effort? Did you generate sales later that came from your fundraisers?

Thanks so much everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Super WAHM

Why wait till July? Why make your own personal website when they give you one? The best way to market any business is to get on the phone and call people. Why waste time on the internet when you want to get out and about and share your business?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Kim, I am waiting until July for a number of reasons, one of them being the big fundraiser I am going to do is on the 23rd. I want to correlate my start date and the 15-day quick start incentive with that. Plus there is a host of other reasons that it works better to start then. I honestly don't know if I can get my $625 worth of retail in 2 weeks if I don't have the fundraiser in that window.

Also, replicated websites rank very low on search engines as everyone has the same content. Unique website generate a higher ranking and are much more likely to get purchased from by people searching on the internet. I have one sister-in-law who has a replicated website and never gets any customers from it. I have another who created her own site and has over $500/month in sales just from that.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello. I'm fairly new so I don't have a lot of advice but I agree with your choice to do the personal site (just be sure to get approved by compliance). Your absolutely right about getting higher rankings in searches with it especially if you do work with keywords and such. I've decided to make one and try it out (hopefully very soon).

Most consultants I believe do lots of calls but I'm shy and don't like cold calling and don't have a lot of friends/family to "hit" up, lol. I'm using the Internet and Facebook. Making fliers, post cards and mailers. Lots of ladies hand business cards/samples to everyone they meet and I hope I can work up the courage to do that. They even talk about leaving them in restrooms, book stores, etc but I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for littering, lol. Yes I'm timid about things but hoping to break out of my shell.

Sounds like you'll have a good start with your Fundraiser which will help create lots of interest.

Sorry for rambling, good luck!!!

ps. once you join, the Scentsy forum is LOADED with lots of great tips, forms and pictures of other consultants ideas and projects.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Just so you know all websites have to be approved by compliance. So I would make sure as soon as you sign up you submit your site for approval, not sure how long it will take though. Your site has to have the approved seal on it.