Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Default on the fence and first post! ;-)

hey guys!

this is my first post. so glad to see a forum especially for scentsy.

on to my topic, I ordered my first scentsy warmer about a month ago and after trying it out, immediately ordered two more with plans to purchase more. I basically want one in every room.

the long of the short is I love the product and it seems like it would be easy to sell. However, I am not the type of person to push a product or constantly talk about it. I would probably be best at online sales but it seems like it might be competitive? anyways, I am on the fence. I really want to make a go of it but just can't decide.

Help!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Helpin you off the post... :)

When I first signed up ---- was for me me and more me.. Also my mother was so in love with it also. For the first year or so I think I did one show---and since have branched out more. I think the great thing about our product is that if you love it---easy enough to just keep your account active with ordering once every 3 mths ---but your friends and family will "catch-on"... Meaning they will want to know why/how does your home smell so good and where can they get it.. You just have to say "me". Also the 3 mths free of your website give them a easy place to check it out. If you love the product I think the initial investment is well worth it. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcheeks13 View Post
hey guys!

this is my first post. so glad to see a forum especially for scentsy.

on to my topic, I ordered my first scentsy warmer about a month ago and after trying it out, immediately ordered two more with plans to purchase more. I basically want one in every room.

the long of the short is I love the product and it seems like it would be easy to sell. However, I am not the type of person to push a product or constantly talk about it. I would probably be best at online sales but it seems like it might be competitive? anyways, I am on the fence. I really want to make a go of it but just can't decide.

Help!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
WAHM Addict

Arrow I've been there too...

Greetings Sweet Cheeks!

Welcome to the WAHM Scentsy forum, glad to have you here!

I completely resonate with being on the fence, when I first joined the candle industry in 2004 I had ZERO intention of selling, EVER! I simply wanted to stock my personal stash ~ at a discount!

The selling happened quite on accident when people started smelling the aromas wafting around my home and started asking about the product, I made my first sales without even passing out a catalog, and from that point I thought "hmmmmm maybe there is something to this"

I too preferred the online aspect of a home busines and actually started marketing online and grew quite a business right over the internet! YES there are many other Scentsy Consultants on the web, and as a web marketer with several top ranking websites ~ there are ways to (and ways not to) market that will benefit your candle business.

While online marketing is a great tool, I always recommend lifestyling your business too so locals around you know you have Scentsy product. Ever since I started lifestyling Scentsy in addition to new customers, I've gotten orders because other Scentsy reps have left the business or lost contact with their customers and people see me with my Scentsy and ask ME "do you sell Scentsy?"

It's always something you can try to see if you like, as a DSA Member, if you get your kit and decide you do not want to be in the business, you can return the complete kit for a 90% refund.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
WAHM Veteran

Welcome to WAHM.com forums and to the Scentsy gang. You are in the right place, asking good questions. I've been with Scentsy for five years and I work my business 100% online. I don't have any local reps nor do parties. So I can certainly speak to your concern about internet marketing.

As of today there are 311,257,483 people in the United States
Approx. 34,030,589 people in Canada
Approx. 82,000,000 people in Germany and
Approx. 62,000,000 people in the UK (all locations Scentsy is currently doing business)

and approximately 3,000,000 people use the internet each day.

There will never be a shortage of leads on the internet, or offline for that matter. There will always be far more people to reach than consultants could ever cover.

Feel free to give me a holler if you have other questions about working Scentsy online.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Glad you were able to find us! I too thought about Scentsy for about 6 months before I joined! Got my first 2 warmers froma party that my sis-in-law was having and I LOVED THEM! I tossed and tossed around the idea of selling in my head, but didn't have enough faith in myself, until one time my sis-in-law were shopping and talking about it and she says "I think you should sell it!" I knew that was my sign! I joined last December and haven't turned back since! I had no idea how it was going to go, since I did feel like the area was over run with consultants, but it has been GREAT for me and continues to grow! My goal is to make Scentsy my full-time job, and after 6 months I am pretty close to it! I even have a room for my Scentsy office now!
The best advice that I can give you is to make sure that you have GREAT customer service, and make EVERY customer feel special. I have had people swtich to me as their consultant because I am prompt about my deliveries and give them little perks here and there!
The only regret that I have is that I waited 6 months before I joined!!!!
Good luck with your decision and remember you have all kinds of support to turn to if you need help!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered WAHM

thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I think I need to sit on it and do more research and really have a long heart-to-heart with myself - lol! you guys have given me a lot to think about and I appreciate it!

I will update when I decide for sure. ;-)
Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I also do 95% of my business online. The other 5% is my friends & neighbors that just need gifts or refills. There is plenty of business out there for all of us & you're right, Scentsy is very easy to sell. Just like your experience, once people try it, they're hooked & just keep coming back for more, buying it for gifts, etc. We hope you'll join us. You won't be disappointed!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered WAHM

I am signing up in July, so I have time to finish my website, and am wanting to do just online sales, too. Do you have any good tips or suggestions that you would be willing to share? Thank you!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansbrea View Post
I am signing up in July, so I have time to finish my website, and am wanting to do just online sales, too. Do you have any good tips or suggestions that you would be willing to share? Thank you!
Are you familiar with all of the guidelines for external websites? They give us quite a bit of freedom but if you choose to have an external website it has to contain all of the required elements and cannot have any of the prohibited ones. You should do well online providing you have a good grasp of internet marketing. If not, you could certainly learn, but it take times to learn and then to see results. It's definitely not the quick way if this is a new skill set for you.