Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default 150 every three months

I was wondering if you are able to make 150 the month to stay active? That is one of the only things that is keeping me from signing up.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If you have looked at any of the other home fragrance/candle companies, the $150 in 3 months is really quite minimal. To break it down a little further, if you only had 1 qualifying event (home/basket party or fundraiser) you would stay active. A qualifying event is $150 in retail sales... added bonus is the free shipping that comes with an order of $150+.
I know it seems a little scary, but it's really not that bad.
Hope this helps!
Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely222 View Post
I was wondering if you are able to make 150 the month to stay active? That is one of the only things that is keeping me from signing up.
I signed up to be a consultant Feb.23 and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get the $150 to stay active.I had my first basket party that ended just last week,and it was over $150.
It really is easy to get the $150 to stay active.
Hope this helps
Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM
WAHM Veteran

You can also stick a party up on your website, and combine it with online and offline orders. It doesn't have to be a traditional party. Generally you may be able to get a few friends together every 3 months who want to order, and that's where you can get your $150 in one month. Since you only have to achieve that minimum once every 3 months, it's usually not too difficult to just put something out to friends or on Facebook saying "I'm putting an order in, who needs Scentsy refills?"
Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered WAHM

i was worried when i signed up too, but I have really surprised myself and found its pretty easy to get at least that much (if not tons more!) every month. You can get "mini testers" for $25 to make a basket party and if you have just one of those every month you will most likely hit the $150 goal. The basket party is nice because they don't have to have a normal at home party, the hostess carries around the bag of little scents along with catalogs and order forms and brings it to work and over to her friend's houses and collects the orders. VERY EASY :-)

I love being a consultant because every once in a while I am the hostess of my own party and I get to collect the free and 1/2 off rewards! If i ever get random orders from friends or family i enter them through that party and once i get enough on there I close it and use my rewards to build my stock up or to get stuff for my own personal use.

Scentsy is cool too because its your own business and at the end of the year if you have taken good track of your spending you can write off lots of expenses like advertising, paper and ink, pens and other supplies you buy.

think about it some more and make sure you choose a sponsor who will be there to guide you if you need help, i have heard that sometimes sponsors dont help at all and consultants are left in the dark.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
LuvMK757

You can also do the SOTM or WOTM to help with the 150!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 AM
WAHM Regular

You can even break it down more, to get the $150 you can sell 5 of the Full size systems. It's not so overwhelming if you break it down. I hope this helps a little bit
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

You will be surprise how easy it really can be to get to that $150 mark. I have been and I am not pushing my business right now at all. I have so much on my plate that right at this time it brings in a little eatra spending money and thats it.

Once my life settles down some I would really like to get it moving in the right direction and gain a team that I can work with. I love helping people, but I have not gone downt hat path woth my business as of yet.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

In all honesty, I have found that if people have trouble getting to the $150 it's because they aren't showing it enough, talking about it enough or expecting things to just arrive in their inbox. The $150 every 3 months is doable if you are showing it, using it, sharing it or even giving it as gifts. If you were to take those 3 months and collected orders or hold a party, I would be willing to bet you would have more than the $150.
Heck I could have that much in orders every 3 month for just my own personal use!