Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Super WAHM

Default Question about the Analytics for the website??

I would like to know if anyone out there has set up the analytics on their website I have a question...when it says to paste the 'code" into the box below am I supposed to clear the existing info out of the box before I paste the new info I get after signing up for the Analytics thru google??

I am not that computer literate so another question is Where will I find the Analytical info after setting it up and what exactly does it track??

Thanks a bunch.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If you haven't added google analyticals to your replicated website, the box should be blank.

If it isn't, definately clear it out than past the code there.

I was using it but when checking I see the tracking isn't working. I don't know whether it has something to do with the updates Scentsy is doing or not.

Give it a try anyway. If it works, it will be great to see your traffic.

Great success to you!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, just clear whatever else is in there, because that page/box should just be for the analytics. I use it all the time. It's really helpful once your site starts to get more traffic. It shows you what pages people are spending time on - what product catagories they are looking at.

It's kind of funny because sometimes people will shop and even go to the Check Out page, but not buy. I guess people just like to shop!!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Default another question

I just set up my analytics page a few hours ago. I do have a question though. I set up using the standard setting on my site. Will it track each page within the site automatically or do I need to set that up as well? Thanks!
Cathy
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, it should track all pages. Just log into Google analytics and it should show how many visits the site gets and how many page views per page. It also shows you traffic sources so you can tell where people are coming from.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthenticCandleWarmers View Post

It's kind of funny because sometimes people will shop and even go to the Check Out page, but not buy. I guess people just like to shop!!
I get that a lot too lol
Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm wondering why there is a code pasted in there when people are not yet signed up for Google analytics? I was helping one of my team members set her account and everything up and there was a code in there already. And just a couple weeks before this, I Googled and clicked on her website and it took me to another consultants website! Needless to say, I was a little ticked off about this.
If there is a code in there, get rid of it!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Super WAHM

Well I remember when we got our new sites, I had some random person's "My Story" under mine. I had to delete it all out. Weird stuff sometimes!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imamomagain View Post
I'm wondering why there is a code pasted in there when people are not yet signed up for Google analytics? I was helping one of my team members set her account and everything up and there was a code in there already. And just a couple weeks before this, I Googled and clicked on her website and it took me to another consultants website! Needless to say, I was a little ticked off about this.
If there is a code in there, get rid of it!
I did set it up and read somewhere (I am thinking it was Laurie) that you leave it there and just go to the end and put a space at the end of what was in there and then paste the analytics code you get when you set up for it. I did it that way and it worked PERFECTLY!!! I had read that the code that is already in there is set up so that Scentsy can "link" to your google analytics. Works great for me hoping this helps!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Which page and where can I find all the info to get it set up?