Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Default ? about inventory for craft fair & marketing ideas

Im planning to do some craft fairs this fall. I have seen other posts on how much to spend on inventory but my question is what should I have? How many warmers? How many bars etc.? Im new to this and any help I could get would be helpful.

Also I need some ideas to market myself. The consultant that I signed up under has given me some ideas but none of them are working. Ive set up a warmer and business cards at my daughter's dance studio. Lots of people have taken the cards but Ive not had any feedback from it. I have a facebook page and have tried different incentives and still haven't had any luck. Im not a pushy person so I don't know how to go about marketing myself to people. I hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks for any help you may have for me!
Melissa in MO
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I am the oddball when it comes to doing booths. I do not take any inventory with me or if I do, it is very little. I live in an area where Scentsy is not well known, so my focus is different. I put my focus on bookings and recruits. I take what comes in the kit, a few display warmers, Basket Party kits, Hostess Packets, Recruiting packets, as much literature as I can and tons of samples.

When I split booths with my team, I let them bring whatever inventory they have if they want to sell. But you have to remember that if you are focusing on recruits, you want to make it duplicatable. I myself would rather book parties because THEN that gives you the opportunity to sell to more, book more and recruit more. My thing right now is just getting my name out there. Yes people love to have something to take home with them right away, but when you have people walking up to your booth and asking you "what's this??" or "I've never heard of this company", there is your opportunity to explain what it is, that we do parties and such. And it also give you an opportunity to let them know that help is needed in spreading the word and love for Scentsy.

Now you can do or take however much inventory you are comfortable with. But me, I chose not to...
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Super WAHM

I usually have lots of samples and catalogues, business cards,magnets, a free warmer and a bar for my giveaway( I use this to get lots of leads), 2 Scentsy system and some HF.

The Scentsy System I sell as a multi pack or individually. This helps me keep customers who just have to have it immediately,satisfied.

Last edited by comforthaven; 07-02-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: none
Old 07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank you so much. I figured I would have to spend a lot of money on inventory. I think I will try what you suggested this year and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Great advice ladies. I am siging up for a fair for November, I will have some time to stock up on a few things before then. But I like the idea of not having much on hand but seeing if I can acquire more leads.

Good luck to everyone doing fairs this season.