Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:35 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Cost of business to run this business?

Hi ladies, I love Scentsys products (I just ordered a new warmer from a rep I met at the fair), but can you tell me how this business is making you money? It just seems to me that with only a 20 to 25% commission you have to really sell a lot to make anything. How about when you buy the supplies, like catalogs and such? do you end up making anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The income really comes from building a team PLUS your personal sales. The sales part is easy because it's such a great product, but you really start multiplying your paycheck when you recruit & build your team. I've seen you here often so if I can help you in any way, please let me know.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Kristi is right! Building a team helps and then I really think the bulk of your check in the beginning comes from your personal sales. Any month you sell over $2,000 you also go up to 30%.
The cost of catalogs are 30 cents a piece if you buy them in the 100 pack. I think those are the best investment along with a scent sample! And if you can get the Basket Testers, you will make your money back invested in those. Those little things are THE BEST!!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

I absolutely agree with you both!! I really LOVE the basket testers...it is a easy way of getting sales and all you have to do is hand them out and the person using it does the work for you, but they do benefit from the free and 1/2 priced stuff and they love it!!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Another thing I love about Scentsy is the free shipping on party orders over $150 and business supplies over $30! If I need product I'll combine it with a party and ship it to my house, when I need supplies I will be sure to order $30 worth. Other companies can nickel and dime you to death with shipping! Also, you are able to take advantage of host credit by combining individual orders, which in turn makes your profit higher than the 25%. I love Scentsy!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
WAHM Addict

That all sounds really good. I have thought about joining Scentsy and just doing to basket parties. I do have another business I'm in, and I've never been a big fan of working two at once. However with the big difference in both product lines and the way I plan on working them, it may work fine. I'm still not sure yet.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Well, you know we would love to have you & I think you would love the business. I'm still having tons of fun with it after almost 2 years. Good luck with your decision. Let us know how we can help.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:16 PM
WAHM Addict

Shipping used to be a huge turn off with many companies. It's not worth it if you just want a couple things.

Scentsy's shipping is extremely impressive - if you have a customer that just wants a couple bars - lets say 2 bars - $10.00 order (plus tax) your shipping is just over a buck. This is a great way to maintain your customers that may not want warmers all the time, but will come back to buy some bars here and there.

Other than the products themselves getting high praise from my customers, the shipping amount and the shipping speed are the other two things that get high praise.

Also if you have to return items due to damage, etc - customer service is wonderful and quick in any experiences I've had (just once I had to return items due to damage in shipping)
Old 09-07-2009, 06:37 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I am just starting out in Scentsy too. I am so amped up about the opportunity to finally work with a company that really cares about their consultants!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:58 AM
WAHM Veteran

20% is only initially until you sell $1,000 cumulative retail. It's a one-time milestone to hit and then you never go back to 20% again. Also keep in mind that if you plan to work it as a business and build a team, your percentage is actually 27%-39%, plus all the other benes that have already been mentioned. As a single parent, I support my two active cheerleaders with the wax. I've looked at other compensation plans and Scentsy's is plentiful.

It's progressive and handsomely rewards those who strive to build a business and also is set up to compensate equitably those who choose to just work it part time or as a hobby.

I hope you opt to join us. :-)