Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered WAHM

I am a stay at home mom looking for extra income. I'm not trying to get rich quick, just an extra $500 - $1,000 a month would be wonderful! I live in a very small town, population under 1,500 so I'm looking for a product that people will want to reorder and I figure with candles, they will possibly continue to buy them month after month. I need details as I have no idea what is involved in selling a product like this. How does everything work? For example, if I set up a table on weekends here in my town at an area where others do the same, do I show everyone the items that came with the kit and they order based on what they like? I mean, do I purchase products myself and try to sell them at events? I'm sorry for all the questions, I just need as much info as possible before I commit to starting this up. I am definitely willing to purchase the kit, but I don't want it to be a failure. Also, how do you build a team? Does that involve getting others to host parties and you make commission off of what they sell? Any advice appreciated! Thanks

*Well, I just wanted to add that I checked out the prices on a catalog and I have to say, for small town people, I'm just really not sure if people will pay $15 or $30 for just the warmer itself, and then the cost of the bars...I just noticed the 'bricks' are $20 each. I'm sorry, not trying to sound cheap, I just know that people in my town aren't going to spend $30 on a candle set. I'm not sure, I'm still interested, but wondering how everyone sells this product well?
Edited by: lverler
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Super WAHM

Hi Vanessa! I'm sending you a PM now.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Vanessa no need to worry about people not wanting to spend 15.00 or 30.00 for a warmer. The warmers are a ONE time because they are all ceramic.. Which means after they buy their warmers they will come back to purchase their bars.. Now with regular candles they would have to pay anywhere from 7.00 to 25.00 a candle with nothing to show for it after the candles are gone.. With Scentsy they will ALWAYS have their Warmers..

The bricks are 20.00 (it's a whole pound of wax), but our bars are only 5.00 each plus we also have deals on them.. If you LOVE Scentsy products you should at least give Scentsy a try. Everything in your kit you will use one way or another..

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH....
Old 07-23-2009, 07:05 PM
WAHM Addict

As far as events, you can either use your kit or you can purchase products up front and resell them from your table. For awhile, when I was first starting out with Scentsy, I used my kit for events and took orders for product. After I earned more product and was able to re-invest some of my profit I began building my inventory (slowly) to offer more cash & carry items to customers.

There are many ways to build a team.You can build a team both online and offline. Your new team members can come from any state (there are no territories). You commission is based on various factors. Your sponsor (theperson you join under) will help you learn how these things work and should provide you withassistance throughout your Scentsy journey. There are many training opportunities to take advantage of and many resources available to you once you join Scentsy.

As far as the cost of the warmer, I have found when people see them and actually see the size and quality they are impressed. Plus, as Sherryreferred to,the cost is recovered when you no longer have to invest in jar candles.

Good luck with your decision.You can never ask too many questions. Ask away.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Lots of great advice here! I live in a small town like you. What I did before I started was went to the website and downloaded a copy of the catalog and just started showing my friends and got their input (and even a few orders!) then when I got my kit, I was ready to go!
The re-orders are great and the Basket Parties are a God-send!
I love doing booths and events. I really don't take inventory at this time. If I do, it's a very small amount. I like to concentrate on bookings and recruits. I think they are great for getting bookings outside of your family and friends.
It's a great time to get started with the 10% off Sale next month and the new catalog in September!!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm a Consultant in NY if that helps
Old 07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Super WAHM

You will do FINE!! And I agree with Loretta's statement about the size of the warmers. I have had people be VEEEERRRY pleasantly surprised when they see the actual size and quality of the warmers. Not one complaint yet. All good!! They love it...!!