Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Need some advice before I pull out my hair!

I don't know what to do anymore. I signed on my sister-in-law as a consultant. I've been at her house almost every day helping her get started and such.

We had her debut Saturday night, and we had agreed before hand that we would split everything 50/50 at her debut. Well, we had her debut, she did everyone's orders but two guests, and then hurried out the door. I took care of the two guests and then sent her a message saying when I was available to sit down and go everything and split everything, and she told me that I could just keep the two orders that I did and she would keep the others (11 orders) that I was at a higher discount than her and she paid for all the food and stuff at her party so she didn't think we needed to split anything!

She's also going to our family members that have already showed an interest in booking a party with me and trying to get them to book a party with her instead.

And she's planning on doing a co-ed party even though I've told her it was against our policy.

I am just at a loss here, and don't know what to say or do. I just needed to vent to someone I guess. I was so excited to bring her into this business because I thought she could have been such a great consultant. Never in a million years did I think she would try to screw me over and steal business from me. I just don't know what to think anymore or how to react, ya know?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Krista Knight

I would say just take the two orders you have and place them, keep in mind that you're earning a percentage from her sales since she's your downline, and leave it at that. As far as her trying to get family members to book with her instead of you, they're going to choose one or the other just don't worry too much about it because if this is how she's doing it, they may go with you if you act more professional about things. Plus, like before, if she does the party you earn a percentage of the party sales and don't even have to show up!

On another note, what company are you with that doesn't allow co-ed parties? I love doing co-ed parties because guys can bring a whole new light to things and I don't know how many women I've heard say they want to check with their guy before ordering.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

How long have you been w/ your company?

Why would your sister in law split the sales w/ you? Wasn't it her debut party/????...

When I sign someone up, if I go and do a party for them, that's my choice and I would be there for training purposes only, and that's it. But then again, I don't go and do other people's parties. They can always come view mine.

Also... you should of already been showing the book to your family, if you have been inthis for longer than she has, so I wouldn't be to mad at her for showing it to your family. That's something you should of done before hand.

I don't want you to take anything wrong that I said, Just dont' agree with you. Good Luck in your business.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with Christina. If recruits want to see a party they come with me to a party. If I decide to go do a party for them (which I never have) I would never require her to give me anything since I'm getting overrides on her sales since she's in my downline.

That said it is crappy that you agreed to split it 50/50 and then she backed out so I understand your frustration. I hope you get it worked out.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with the previous posters although since you two did agree in the beginning about the 50/50 I could see why you're frustrated. It's stinky when you have messy stuff with family. I'd just keep the peace and let it go and work your business outside of your family and leave her to it. You'll make money off her parties anyhow if she does them with family.

And boo to no co-ed parties lol those are super fun!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
WAHM Regular

You were probably counting on your percentage of the sales, but look at this way... You have a great team member and if she is willing and wanting to go out and book parties, then let her. Shes showing an incentive to make this party plan work for her. If she goes out and recruits that puts more girls on your team. Look at the big picture. This could be the start of something wonderful.

No coed parties? Girl, do you know what your missing out on? Some people like just a girls night out but others have requested their guys to be there. Why? Because it takes two to tangle and ladies like to turn their man on. It all depends on the hostess and what they want.

Feel free to contact me for more information or if you just want to chat.....

Deanna Whitten
Million Dollar Divas Team Leader
[email protected]
http://www.brownbagparty.com/u/sensualdiva
352 942 4311