Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Real Estate Photography?

I was house hunting and found that most of the listings had few or just plain terrible photographs which makes it difficult for me to house hunt online.

My question is this.

I have photography experience and equipment. Would real estate photography be a viable opportunity or is it just not used by real estate agents?

Looking forward to hearing your input and opinions.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow, thanks for all the helpful information Scott! I appreciate it!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by windydavis View Post
I have photography experience and equipment. Would real estate photography be a viable opportunity or is it just not used by real estate agents?
Thanks!
I believe it is best if you will read this post i found in the internet about an interview to a real estate photographer.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm interested in doing this as well. I am a photographer and was wanting a little something extra to do. How does one go about approaching realtors?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Payingthebills

I WISH real estate companies would hire people like you. I think it comes down to them saving money though. Our broker actually goes and does video walk-throughs with her iPad for us so we don't have to drive 3-5 hours to view a property (she's closer to them, we're out of state). I don't know why more agents don't do this. It really helps sell a property when there are lots of pics or video. There are houses we would have never wasted time viewing because we went there after seeing nice pics online just to find them completely trashed (no pics updated in a year!) and then a property we put an offer on (site unseen) because our broker did a video walkthrough for us!!!

Put together a great pro's/con's booklet and then solicit your local real estate companies. I'd say you have a great business op idea.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySusan View Post
I'm interested in doing this as well. I am a photographer and was wanting a little something extra to do. How does one go about approaching realtors?
Not sure if this would help but I did a search online and found these sites:

Photography For Real Estate
Real Estate Photographers of America & International™ Photographer Photography

A friend of mine in Australia charges $400AUD for about 12-15 real estate photos.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Real Estate Photography - We do use it!

I know you began this thread awhile back now, and I wonder if you have given it a go yet? Just in case this helps, I am a Realtor with Zephyr Real Estate in San Francisco, CA. Our broker REQUIRES us to use professional photography for our listings, and I'm sure ours is not the only company that does so. You can start by approaching the larger brokerages in your area (especially the high end ones). If it is not a company wide policy I assure you that some or most of their agents do use professional photographs. You might be able to get yourself on the company's preferred vendor list which most brokerages have.

Good Luck!

Mary