Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is the exam hard??

Hi Everyone,

I've been interested in becoming a realtor for years...I finally decided to do it! I had a meeting with a broker who is awesome. All four of my kids are in school full day this year. But my problem is I needed to do the 48 hour course (for Missouri) online...and I'm having a heck of a time staying focused. It's going very slow...I'm worried that the test will be hard. Any advice or comments on this or any aspect of becoming a real estate agent are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ali
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 AM
WAHM Addict

I am in Missouri also. I am currently not a realtor but was for several years. The first time, I took classes in a classroom and I would highly recommend that. The test is VERY hard for a first timer that doesn't get that one on one with the teacher. The classes teach you what you need to know to pass the test. There is very little in the course that applies to 'real life'. The math was horrid for me. If I had taken the classes online, I never would have made it. That being said, I do know people who have done it but I seriously don't know how. Wishing you the best of luck in your new career.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 PM
WAHM Regular

I took the WA test, but it was also 8 years ago. I did the online class - and I agree, the classes teach you to pass the test. They don't teach you what you need to know in real life. So much of real life is knowing where to find the answer, not memorizing it.

You can do this. It is hard, but its worth it. The practice exams are good learning tools. You should also be able to add on another part to help you study for the test.

I remember the worst part was the exam at the end of the chapers on the online class, the fear of paying & not passing the state exam & the general stress of being back in school. The math was one of my strong points & I remember telling my husband it wasn't as hard as I really thought it would be.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default My experience

When I took the real estate exam 25 years ago it was extremely hard. I went to a school and the first thing the instructor said was that at the end of the course, we wouldn't know a damn thing about Real Estate but we will be among the very few that pass the test. He was right. I passed the test but didn't know a damn thing about selling a house. It was going to be a part time thing anyway and with my full time work, I just didn't have time. I did sell a few homes though...

Closed Thread