Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Quicktate Questionnaire and Transcription Test

Hello All.

I'm trying to get a few extra little eggs in my basket, so I completed the online form at QT. From there, I was immediately directed to a page with a set of questions. Excuse my stupidity, but I'm a little lost here and I am wondering if somebody can help me out.

I read all of the documents that they require you to read before submitting the form/application, and I also read the information provided in the help desk forums. However, I still don't understand a few of the questions or where to find the answers.

One of the questions asks:

What is the yahoo messenger name you selected? The Correct Format is Time zone_First Name_Last name

I have yahoo messenger but I don't understand what they mean by "the name you selected" and I am totally clueless about "The Correct Format is...." Can somebody clarify what this means for me, please?

The other questions are:

What is the procedure for staying in touch with Quicktate while transcribing?

What happens when you ignore a Quicktate message or donít type anything for 90 seconds?

What will happen if you breach the confidentiality of anything you hear or type?

After reading everything that is provided on their site and doing a search in the forums, I cannot find the answers to these questions anywhere. Is there a certain way that these questions must be answered with respect to the company's policies and procedures, or am I suppose to just use my own common logic to answer them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Billie View Post
Hello All.

I'm trying to get a few extra little eggs in my basket, so I completed the online form at QT. From there, I was immediately directed to a page with a set of questions. Excuse my stupidity, but I'm a little lost here and I am wondering if somebody can help me out.

I read all of the documents that they require you to read before submitting the form/application, and I also read the information provided in the help desk forums. However, I still don't understand a few of the questions or where to find the answers.

One of the questions asks:

What is the yahoo messenger name you selected? The Correct Format is Time zone_First Name_Last name

I have yahoo messenger but I don't understand what they mean by "the name you selected" and I am totally clueless about "The Correct Format is...." Can somebody clarify what this means for me, please?

The other questions are:

What is the procedure for staying in touch with Quicktate while transcribing?

What happens when you ignore a Quicktate message or donít type anything for 90 seconds?

What will happen if you breach the confidentiality of anything you hear or type?

After reading everything that is provided on their site and doing a search in the forums, I cannot find the answers to these questions anywhere. Is there a certain way that these questions must be answered with respect to the company's policies and procedures, or am I suppose to just use my own common logic to answer them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1. When you use Yahoo Messenger, you have to sign in with a Yahoo ID and password. When Quicktate asks what messenger name you selected, they are simply asking what your Yahoo ID is that you sign in with. When they talk about the "correct format", they are telling you what to use as your Yahoo ID ("Time zone_First Name_Last name" for me would be PST_Lacy_Wallace), so if you already have a Yahoo ID, you'll need to create a new one using these guidelines. For another example, if you are in a Central time zone and your name is Mary Smith, you would need to create a Yahoo ID called CST_Mary_Smith. If you are logged into Yahoo Messenger right now, sign out, then click the link at the bottom that says "Get a new Yahoo ID" and create one for Quicktate using that format.

2. The answers to the rest of your questions are all on ZenDesk. https://quicktate.zendesk.com
They are clearly titled.
"Communication Between Typist and Quicktate"
"Guidelines"
"Confidentiality"

Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacywallace View Post
1. When you use Yahoo Messenger, you have to sign in with a Yahoo ID and password. When Quicktate asks what messenger name you selected, they are simply asking what your Yahoo ID is that you sign in with. When they talk about the "correct format", they are telling you what to use as your Yahoo ID ("Time zone_First Name_Last name" for me would be PST_Lacy_Wallace), so if you already have a Yahoo ID, you'll need to create a new one using these guidelines. For another example, if you are in a Central time zone and your name is Mary Smith, you would need to create a Yahoo ID called CST_Mary_Smith. If you are logged into Yahoo Messenger right now, sign out, then click the link at the bottom that says "Get a new Yahoo ID" and create one for Quicktate using that format.

2. The answers to the rest of your questions are all on ZenDesk. https://quicktate.zendesk.com
They are clearly titled.
"Communication Between Typist and Quicktate"
"Guidelines"
"Confidentiality"

Hope this helps.
I'm sorry. I should have updated this post a long time ago. I don't know how I managed to miss all of that information the first time (before I posted my questions here) but I found the answers probably within a few hours after posting.

Thank you for responding.