Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Work history feature

I just got an email from Quicktate saying they finally implemented the work history feature. Very cool and about time!! Now we can see exactly where the pay discrepancies are. First thing I did was sign in and check it out...and can see where the errors are. I spotted quite a few differences from my spreadsheet and I only looked at the last day that I typed. Not sure how that is going to help us but at least we can see it now!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a great (and much needed) update!

I too noticed that a lot of the numbers in the work history tab were off from what I recorded in my Excel spreadsheet which I don't quite understand since it's their word counter that's being used so it should be able to accurately record the information but maybe it's a kink that needs to be worked out on their end.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
WAHM Regular

It doesn't make much sense. I don't know if it's something simple like the counter is caught up on our screen but not on their end when it's submitted or something totally different..it's just super confusing.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

The only ones I noticed that are not showing are the ones with no count limit.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Super WAHM

Should we contact them about the discrepancies we see on the work history feature? I just went and looked and I see many different numbers on there than I have on my word count log.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm very excited about this! I noticed that my pay is about .40 below what it should be, but I'll go through and compare later.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs up Wow can't believe it

What a nice birthday surprise to check my email this morning & find the notice from QT about the 'Work History' feature. This is great. I immediately checked mine & it was pretty close to my records. I usually would enter my typed msgs into a word doc to get my word count. I haven't relied on QT's counter, since I 1st noticed a discrepancy a year or so ago. My totals are usually always very close to theirs. Their count is usually a little more than mine, because I don't always count some calls where there was a lot of mumbled words I couldn't understand. So, I typed those calls the best I could, but didn't enter them in my count, in case QT didn't want to count them. It would usually only be very short calls I wouldn't include. This way their count was always a little more than mine. I noticed that the work history is done in real time also. I wanted to see how soon a call would show up on there, so I checked right after I submitted a call and it was showing immediately. This is also a plus, because then you know for sure you were paid for something, in case you experience some kind of glitch that knocks you out of the system.

Anyway, this was a long-awaited & much needed feature. I notice that the RW calls are not counted, if you didn't select the feature that allows you to type in the box. So, I wonder how those calls will be calculated. So, I see I still need to keep a separate record for those. Also, I wish that you were able to sort the transcriptions by the pay periods. Meaning, be able to see all work done the 1-15 & then the 16-30 or 31st. This would make it easier to see what you will be paid in your next Paypal payment. But I figured for now I could just check & see on the 15th what my total is, then record that in a separate sheet. Then at the end of the month, just deduct that total to see what my pay will be for the 15th to the end of the month. At any rate, I'm real excited about this new feature. It means QT is moving up & doing bigger & better things. Now, if they can make a way where we could use a foot pedal to stop & start the recordings, that would be true ICING on the cake. But I know, one thing at a time.

Anyway, this new feature will make it so much easier to earn faster, since I don't have to worry about flipping to my spreadsheet to record my word count after every call. Although I had gotten it down to a science, but now I can go that much faster. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!! for QT.

Happy New Year QTaters. Here's hoping 2011 will be a great earning year for us all.

(I know this is a long post, but I'm so happy and haven't left a msg on here in a long while). I hope everyone is well.

Tata for now.

Last edited by LadyMia; 01-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
WAHM Addict

Hmmmm, I think I may have figured out why there are some discrepancies in totals & amounts paid. I noticed that anytime I had a call that was under 4 words that the earnings are recorded as $0. So, it looks as if a call has to contain at least 4 words in order for you to get paid for it. Four words would equal 1 penny. So, anytime you type less than 4 words, you don't receive payment. Of course, this is wrong for them to do, because they state they pay us .0025 per word. So, if a person types up enough calls that are under 4 words long, that starts to add up to be quite a bit. And it's not fair to not get paid for those calls, especially when they state they pay by the word. So, that may be one reason why the totals we kept were never in sync with what they had. (A big THUMBS DOWN to that)

Just an FYI.

Last edited by LadyMia; 01-12-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Super WAHM

I just glanced at the first ten calls or so and compared to my records and they were all off, the less words the less they were off but I wonder if they will still pay discrepancies. I will still keep my spreadsheet becuase as far as I'm concerned, if I'm keeping track of what THEIR word counter is tracking it should be accurate. I still think it has something to do with contractions and that they are being counted on the tracker we see but not on the counter that figures our pay. Just saying.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

The counters are definitely out of sync. I noticed discrepancies too. My first file last night was the max 120 words, but it only recorded 114. Of the next three, two were off by a few words each. The only one that was accurate was 12 words. I often wondered if their system rounded down to the nearest penny on each file, but that doesn't seem to be the case either, or all entries would be divisible by four.

I did file a discrepancy report for those few. But I don't want to feel like I have to log out after every file to check earnings to see which jobs are being shorted.