Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Super WAHM

I have yet to see a higher count on the automated counter. Always lower. I hope that they sync the two counters and I'm glad I write down the word count for every individual job on a piece of paper because I might not have noticed so quickly.

Edit: Happy birthday, LadyM12.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Invida,

Good to see you. Thanks so much for the birthday greeting.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
WAHM Regular

I sent in an issue ticket through their new help desk about the discrepancy and received an email back today stating that they're investigating the issue and will notify where they come up with a solution to it so it seems that they're aware of it and probably need to work the kinks out of it.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
WAHM Regular

All but a few of mine were off today. Some only by 1 word, others by 20 words. It just doesn't make sense to me. At first, I thought it was because I was hitting submit too soon and actually waited about 5 seconds thinking that would catch it up. It worked for the next couple files and then right back to where it was with the discrepancies. I'm glad they are aware of it, now they need to fix it. I would love not having to keep track on a separate sheet. Would make work much quicker.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

I just did a few test files and have to say I think bcsellew has hit the nail on the head. Even hyphenated words appear to be counted as one for pay purposes. I don't really mind being paid for one word when typing a time or contractions, but think about all those compound words you've hyphenated ("mother-in-law," "broad-ranged" outlook, etc.). Realizing that those have all probably been counted as one every time is pretty discouraging. And of course I always thought I was getting paid for three words with each ten-digit phone number.

So for the customers' allotment, every space OR symbol ends a word, but they only pay us space-to-space.

Last edited by lissaleone; 01-13-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong person, eliminated quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been doing a few test ones tonight as well and agree 100%. I'm seeing the same results if I count contractions and phone numbers differently than the counter does.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

Has anyone figured out the history yet? I type 120 words and it says 94. Should we not be typing contractions? I can't figure out what is wrong.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Super WAHM

I have started putting a space between the numbers on the phone number instead of a dash, but I'm still typing contractions (most of the time) because I think the guidelines say to type exactly what the caller is saying.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

The thing with not hyphenating phone numbers though, is the numbers won't stay together in a word-wrap situation. Most (all?) smartphones will make a phone number clickable so you can call back directly from the text, but I don't think that can happen if the numbers aren't joined with hyphens.

I'm not going to change the way I type, except I might not be as grammatically generous with hyphenating long compound words anymore.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Super WAHM

I sent a message to the help desk the other day about it, and they requested me to send them some examples. So they are supposed to be working on it. They are saying that the QT counter is wrong, not the work history. So I guess that means that we are only supposed to be getting credit for 1 word for contractions and phone numbers, not 2 or 3. Go figure.