Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Super WAHM

I've been watching each file that I type this morning and the ones that don't have contractions and phone numbers are accurate to the word and the ones that I type contractions in are off.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsellew View Post
I've been watching each file that I type this morning and the ones that don't have contractions and phone numbers are accurate to the word and the ones that I type contractions in are off.
Ok, that makes sense. For our pay, they count from one space to the next, but for billing they count space to symbol. A 10-digit phone number would count as one word they pay for, but three of the customers' alloted words.

No wonder there have been so many discrepancies.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Super WAHM

Yeah it makes sense to me too, I just can't figure out why they haven't corrected one of the counters so that they would be in sync. I mean, hello, somebdody had to program the counters or set them up or whatever, so they had to know all along that there was a possibility of inconsistencies. Seems like they could correct that somehow. I don't mind being only paid for one word for a telephone number but if the counter gives me three that's what I'm putting in my spreadsheet and over a pay period that adds up.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:58 AM
WAHM Addict

Good observations ladies. It seems that if their counter counts words with apostrophies as 2 words & phone no.s probably as 3 words, then they should fix this. I hope someone is reading these posts.

Good day all.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Banned

Unhappy

Many of mine are short... )o: the count on the typing page shows 68 words, but on the history it shows 59. I did a 120 word and it showed as 70. )o:
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

The two counters are not synced. I monitored real time and I can't really say that the contractions are not counted as two because some tallied with my spreadsheet. Some files with no contractions, no phone numbers had an incorrect word count.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 AM
WAHM Regular

FYI - I received an email to the support forum around the end of the year. No one is really posting over there yet, but it seems that would be a good place to communicate about the new features. There is also a way to submit and view support tickets.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Red face

What support forum.... ?
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysathome View Post
What support forum.... ?
There is a new Help Desk. I received an email about it on 12/20 which in part included:
"Please use our Help Desk rather than sending emails. You may also search for answers before you contact us".

A forum is there as well. That's about all I know of this. .

J will most likely send a link if she knows a lot of people did not receive the email.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Cool

I tested the new work history feature and a large portion of my transcriptions were 'under' counted. After 5 transcriptions, I was already .10 short. That's not much, but sure ads up when you are working for every penny. I thought I would be excited with the new counter, but I'm very disappointed. Has anyone found that their count is higher on the automated counter?