Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Default Is $500 a week even slightly possible?

I desperately need a full time post. We are sinking fast.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

Never mind...lol - I figured it out and it would require at least 30 hours a day.... LOL! There goes that idea. )o:
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

No. I work several WAH gigs and I don't even make $500 a month yet. The only time I make that or more than that is when I teach and/or drive a school but a lot. I am getting close to that though and that is my monthly goal with just WAH stuff.

That may be something you could check out in your area, becoming a substitute teacher. For me, there was no cost except 3 hours of my time to take the county offered class and then marketing myself to the schools. But that is assuming you don't have little ones that aren't in school yet.

You could also check out CG or mturk to do when QT is slow.

Hope that helps you.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
WAHM Regular

It depends on how fast you type. I type about 60 wpm, and the best I have ever done is $5.25/hr. I usually do about $4.50 because of short messages, short delays between messages, and time to keep track of words typed to make sure pay is accurate. If I wanted to earn $500/week at $5.00 hour, I would have to type about 100 hours per week, or just over 14 hours per day, 7 days a week. Technically possible, if there were enough calls, but highly unlikely. If you Quicktate for a while, though, and get offered an iDictate position, the pay is double, so, perhaps, possible.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

I miss the good ol days when work in general was plentiful. At one call center company - I worked 3 contracts and made over $1200 a week (lots of hours). (about 5 years ago) Now I can barely pay my rent and working for peanuts is just so frustrating. )o:
Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

Question

How about $300? Is anyone making that?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

I could see how that may be possible if you worked about 8hrs a day 7 days a week and were able to keep messages back to back and average 60+ or so words a minute. I have made that in two weeks a few times. I don't spend as much time working QT anymore I mainly do it in between iD files. I think you would have to just about live on QT to make that amount. Please though someone else jump in if you are able to make that in less time.