WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Question of the Week (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/)
-   -   Which do you prefer Shopping Online or Going to the Store (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/521402-do-you-prefer-shopping-online-going-store.html)

MommyandMe 08-10-2010 12:06 PM

Which do you prefer Shopping Online or Going to the Store

So with the internet we are now able to make purchases online. So which do you prefer shopping online or going to the store to shop for clothes shoes and other stuff?

norajeanne 08-11-2010 10:45 PM

It all depends.

I love shopping online only if they have bargains and super savers and the best place is Amazon..

andr117 08-12-2010 03:21 AM

I love shopping online more, as it helps to save some time and compare the goods, the prices

LOL 08-12-2010 10:16 AM

Depends what I'm looking for really and how fast I want it. Clothes can be too much of a pain unless you're sure of your size in the particular product. I've only bought clothes from Zappos just because of how easy and fast everything is if you have to make a return. I last bought a jacket from there but I knew my size and it was just too easy compared to going to a store.

Sometimes if I need something right away..like when my soundcard died, I went to BestBuy.com and bought a new one and picked it up at the store which was kind of dumb really because I still had to wait in a line and give some guy my credit card information and license. It wasn't any quicker than going to the shelf and picking it up myself and then to a register!

But I have to say, getting things in the mail is like opening a Christmas present even though you already know what's in the box. LOL Sometimes I find something I want in a store and then purchase online weeks or months later.

scbutterbeans 08-12-2010 12:49 PM

I find it so much easier to shop online. I can just about always find what I am looking for and I don't need to run from one store to another. I also order from several people that I know that have their own businesses.

But with saying that...I do love my Target ;)

InternetHBO 08-12-2010 06:22 PM

I think it depends on where you live. If you live in a major city like New York you can find any thing you want at a great prices, but if you live in a very small town or on a farm It would be better to shop online.

aussieroo1 08-25-2010 07:15 PM

It depends because you can find great stuff on online that you didn't find at store or vice versa. :)

giftys 09-11-2010 05:08 PM

I like both equally and use both. You can't touch and feel things online. That said, online is so much easier and of course there's much more to pick from.

Nowadays, I shop in our own mall, Giftys.com. There are numerous stores there and lots of interesting gifts.

BeckiBChocolatier 09-11-2010 05:15 PM

It really depends on what I'm shopping for. If it's something I know exactly what I want, it's easier to get it online. New stuff I usually like to check out and see in person.

WorkitSmart 09-11-2010 07:22 PM

Online ~ Hands Down!

I'd much prefer to shop online!

Soooooo many more choices, and I've just never really liked to shop. There are just too many more fun and interesting ways to spend my time other than hours in a store..

Shann 09-12-2010 07:51 AM

For kids clothes, I will shop online due to all the discounts I can find. For my clothes, I usually go in the store to try them on.

bringhomethepassion 09-12-2010 11:35 AM

For clothes and things that I wear, shoes etc I prefer going to the store. I like to try things on first and I'm terrible at returning things via the regular postal mail if it doesn't fit, so it's better for me to shop for that stuff in the store. Electronics I prefer to buy online because I can do more comparative shopping than I can in the store. I get overwhelmed at all the options online though so I just mostly shop in the store unless it's a sale I can't beat.

Amy Jacobs 09-13-2010 03:34 PM

I am a on line shopper I LOVE IT! :) Save time and gas!

infoman66 09-15-2010 04:59 AM

On line shopping is very attractive to me, first century in one place you can find almost everything you wish for ...
However, so buy only tested brands of well-known suppliers, poblema due to different standards ...
When I buy clothes, I go in shop because I like to try clothes before buying...

uday 09-17-2010 02:24 PM

it really depends on what i am buying, if it's clothes, then i prefer to go to the store so i can see if it will fit,

RozPearcy 09-17-2010 07:16 PM

Online shopper definitely...much easier with kids :)

juliette61 09-19-2010 08:13 AM

Shopping online is a gain of time and money!

GenreFashion

I think shopping online is now an easier way of life that more and more of people use.
It is fast, and you can find affordable things!!:)Enjoy your shopping!

mymillionpath 09-19-2010 08:15 PM

For me, it depends on what I'm shopping for, and how I feel at the time...sometimes I don't want to leave my house and deal with the crowds, sometimes I want to get out and walk around to see what's available.

giftys 09-20-2010 07:01 PM

We have an open air mall. Sometimes the whole shopping experience revolves around that for me. There's nothing like a nice sunny atmosphere when shopping. You can't get that type of experience online.

Jel 09-20-2010 08:36 PM

i'd prefer to go to store rather go shopping online.. so that i can see the product in personal...

JessicaJean 09-22-2010 12:41 PM

I like going to the store, but if it means I'll get a better deal if I get it online, then I'll definitely shop that way.

Jessica

beautyandbrains 09-28-2010 12:20 AM

I would definitely love to shop online more. It's way more convenient than having to tote my kid along to an overcrowded, super noisy Walmart, just to save a few bucks on essentials.

sueavi 10-02-2010 01:45 PM

I like shopping online for most things but when it comes to clothes shopping I need to go to the store because I like to try on the clothes.
Suzanne

happymommy 10-02-2010 01:56 PM

If I'm shopping for pants or shoes for myself (in styles I've never worn before) I have to go to the store. Most other things I prefer getting online for the sake of time and I usually am able to get really good deals.

lyndas9254 10-10-2010 01:29 PM

I myself prefer shopping online. It is convenient, easy to do, and I don't have to hassle with all the people at the malls.

Lynda

SusanCody 10-12-2010 06:56 AM

I prefer the ease of online but sometimes I like to try stuff on and take it home straight away (instant gratification!) and in general, then I have no need to do the annoying 'return' thing.

cward3 10-14-2010 06:41 PM

When it comes to clothes - I definitely prefer going to the store. I love to shop online but only for things I'm not personally attached to! When it comes to clothes - I want to take it home with me now! I guess I'm still like a kid that wants to wear their new shoes out of the shoe store they were just purchased at.

Reagansky 11-23-2010 11:01 AM

I think I like them both the same. I used to prefer online shopping and sometime still do because I can usually see how the clothes fit on a live person. However, sometimes the images online can be deceiving amd once you see the same garment in the stores you see the detail more clearly and sometimes the quality is not as good as expected. However the website that have zoom qualities can help with this.

If the websites shipping is too expensive (like Topshop.com) or they do not provide return labels, I am usually more apprehensive to shop there and try to see if I can find it in the store, or have it shipped to the store first.

I like the exclusivity of online shopping, but usually try to only utilize it for businesses that don't have brick and mortar stores and overseas shopping.

sherryw76 11-23-2010 03:47 PM

I try to shop local as much as possible. I will shop online if I can't find something here (usually books) or if I can find a great deal, but for most things the shipping is too expensive, if they ship to us at all (some places don't ship to Hawaii or won't ship to P.O. Boxes), and it is better just to buy at the store.

leasadler 11-24-2010 09:22 AM

There are a few things that are easier to shop for, intially, at the store. Things like shoes and clothing, for example. But because I always seem to find such a better price online, and if I don't need the item immediately, I might SHOP locally to try things on and determine my size, then go in search of that exact item online.

Of course, Zappos makes it so easy to do returns, you don't really have have to pre-shop in the stores, because they offer free return shipping! Last year when we had a massive snow storm, the stores were 100 percent out of snow boots--and my nine-year-old had none that fit him. (Neither did I, for that matter.) So I jumped online and ordered two pairs of boots for my son--one in each of two likely sizes. They had a deal for free overnight shipping, so the order reached me the next day! I sent the pair back that didn't fit (free return shipping), and low and behold, I had the perfect books for my son the day after the snowstorm hit. Schools were closed that entire week, and it was nearly impossible to get out of the driveway, so I was super-happy that I had figured the whole snow-boots thing out.

This being said--I still enjoy the holiday shopping experience in the stores FOR A BREIF TIME--and assuming I'm not depending on the visit to the store to accomplish a lot of my shopping. (As I find in-store shopping much less efficient.

dklacy 11-29-2010 01:36 PM

I usually "shop" the product online but will buy at the store if it's available close by. I prefer to feel, see product before handing over my hard earned money.

Reagansky 12-01-2010 07:45 AM

I love shopping online but. It depends what i'm looking for so i'll go shopping in mall with my daughter.

surveymama2010 12-01-2010 05:58 PM

I like shopping online and at the store, but I hate waiting for things to get shipped to me, I'd rather have it right when I buy it.

dpaulp 12-02-2010 08:43 PM

I do love shopping from the comfort of my own home in my PJ's but ultimately I love to try things on before I buy so going to the store is probably best

bocadeb 12-03-2010 09:32 AM

When times are tough everyone is looking to save money, but will you still shop? Of course you will because we need everyday necessities for your family. Coupon shopping is smart, so are shopping sales, but I have saved more money by shopping online because I avoid the “Costco Effect” of adding things to my cart that were not on my list. Shopping online is where the deals are and I have avoided shipping charges, saved paying sales tax picked up additional discounts and only purchased the things that I actually need. I have saved over $1,400 by owning my own Online Mall where I shop at over 2,500 great stores. I literally get paid to shop!

Now I can also offer you one, too, for free. Sign up as a Preferred Customer & I will give you a KaChing KaChing Super Store of your own. You can find the best prices and get awesome Deals of the Day. There are 2 ways to shop – by everyday low prices or you can shop by store you love. You can have your friends & family shop on your site. Commissions and Cash Back are paid on all purchases. I will be happy to share this money with you 50/50. There is no obligation, no trick – it is my way of helping you save money and make money on things you are buying anyway. Check it out – use it – you will love it! The Mall has eBay,WalMart, Target, Macy's, QVC & lots more.

Click here to become my Preferred Shopper.

Debbie

lovemygirlies 12-03-2010 12:16 PM

Both! lol I Love To Shop! :D

Christine

ERNMSN 12-03-2010 02:32 PM

It depends on what I'm shopping for. If I'm shopping for clothes I prefer to go to the store so I can try them on.

However, shopping online around the holidays can save you quite a bit of money and hassle.

Fuchsia_Brown 12-03-2010 06:42 PM

I don't know whether I like to shop at the store over shopping online. Never thought about it! That being said, I don't have access to a car all that much now, so shopping online would be convenient, plus you can shop around easier. But I like to be around people sometimes too, LOL....

johannaa 12-03-2010 11:04 PM

I buy groceries and clothes at the store. Everything else is online. It just seems like such a waste of time to go around to stores looking for the best prices when you can do it so easily online. If the best price happens to be a local store, though, I might just go pick it up. That's rare, though. I've saved thousands in the last year by shopping online. Not just because the prices are cheaper, but because I'm focused and just buy what I'm looking for. No impulse buying from looking at a pretty display of something I don't need!

Helena1 12-08-2010 06:24 AM

Groceries are in the store. Many other things online because its easier and cheaper. I did quite well online black Friday, did most of the Christmas shopping all with free shipping. For clothing, if it's a style I've bought before, I will buy online. Women's sizing varies so much so much it can be challenging buying online. The one thing I find with online shopping around the holidays, is it not put me in the holiday spirit. There is something to say for wandering in the stores trying to find that perfect gift.