Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Content marketing is the direction many people are moving to. Like what others said earlier, you just help people out by sharing some of your knowledge. You can do this on forums with a link to your site in your signature, you can also build a blog and write a couple times a week about subjects that your target market would be interested in. Slowly, you will build a source of organic traffic.

You don't have to limit yourself to the online world only. Doing a little volunteer work for organizations that require your services can get your name out there without you actually having to sell yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraStanley View Post
I have been putting business cards in a little baggie with a foil sealed lotion sample (of our Dead Sea Mineral Lotion) and a piece of Dove chocolate - give them out at shows and plan to take them around to some businesses to promote my business, website and facebook page.
I think this is a great idea; people *love* free stuff!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 PM
WAHM Regular

One of the best ways to promote yourself is to offer value to others. Find out what a person's problem is and then give them the solution. The internet and social social media provide numerous opportunities to do this...especially forums.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:05 AM
WAHM Regular

The best way I have found is to just engage people in conversation and find ways to bring it up. That way, it's not promoting but it's part of the conversation! The other day I was at a flea market and this woman was selling silicone molds and I asked her if she was a baker. That got us into a conversation about baking and then I mentioned I actually manufacture detailed cookie cutters and am hoping to expand my product line to include silicone molds and even stencils. She was very intrigued and we talked a little more about baking. Sometimes it's not so easy to bring it up, but if I find myself jamming in a nice conversation with someone I just flat out ask them if they bake and then I tell the what I do. It's really a great way to go. Another way is online promoting, but word of mouth goes along way.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Super WAHM

Default Flyers

You could visit businesses around town and ask them if they would allow a stack of your flyers on their counter. Revisit and replenish every week or so.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Socializing and interacting, is the best way if you ask me.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Incentives!

Offer friends and family an incentive for giving referrals like a $5 starbucks card!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Develop an awesome elevator speach!

After some great training/advice Ive been working on my 60 second "elevator speech"....to have on the ready when someone asks "what do you do".

Some tips I was given is to speak to the need that you fulfill, or the solution you are providing to your markets problem rather than giving your job title or product name.

For an example, if you were selling weight loss products and talking to a Mum you could say, "I help busy Mums who have failed at losing weight numerous times before, finally reach their goal weight quickly, get their confidence back and then maintain it"... something like that.

Also social media but not hard pitching. I'm always amazed how many people that I haven't seen for ages approach me about what I'm doing - even though they don't interact with me at all on SM...shows how many people are quietly watching in the background!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:05 PM
WAHM Regular

What does "TE" stand for?

I love the idea of the "elevator speech." I recently joined a new DS company and many of our competitor reps have turned off people with their constant testimonials (usually they slip in 2 into every conversation!) and I need to develop a clever way of doing it without, once again, giving my own testimonial. A fun way. I wish had better oral communication skills!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:07 AM
WAHM Regular

If you are starting out social media is an excellent place to start and a place I often go to to get started.

Get yourself on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google+ and interact with your followers. That way you can build up your brand and then market yourself at the same time.

Tags
promotion, sales