Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Question of the Week 2012: Are you a pessimist or an optimist?

My favorite quote is “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” – Sir Winston Churchill

Every day we are faced with situations and challenges, either in our own thought process or by those you interact with. But, are they actually “challenges” or “opportunities”? A difficult situation that seems like a negative could actually be an opportunity to learn, grow or see things in a different light!

So what differentiates a difficulty to be an opportunity? You, and only you….it is purely your perspective and attitude that will allow a difficult situation to become an opportunity. I believe that every situation is intended to be just that. If you lost your job, is it possible that there is an opportunity to find a more suitable job for you? If you lost a friendship, is it possible that there is an opportunity to spend your time with more quality people that are worthy of your friendship If your car breaks down on the highway, and your life goes “on hold” to deal with that, is it possible that it is an opportunity to experience the kindness of a stranger to help?

It is the moments of our life, and the difficulties we face, that are intended to guide us to a better life.

Although NONE of us can predict what lies ahead, we can all agree that life is FULL of “difficulties”. If you view them as that, versus the opportunity that you may have to gain from that experience, it could be a spiral down motion. I prefer the spiral up motion, and I thank the challenges I have (and will) be faced with.....BRING IT ON !

Last edited by starbirdy66; 06-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Grand WAHM

optimist here
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Since my adolescence, I have been an optimist; I just love thinking positive. It gives me positive energy to cope with various real life situations and in performing very difficult tasks.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Mitchell View Post
My favorite quote is “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” – Sir Winston Churchill

Every day we are faced with situations and challenges, either in our own thought process or by those you interact with. But, are they actually “challenges” or “opportunities”? A difficult situation that seems like a negative could actually be an opportunity to learn, grow or see things in a different light!

So what differentiates a difficulty to be an opportunity? You, and only you….it is purely your perspective and attitude that will allow a difficult situation to become an opportunity. I believe that every situation is intended to be just that. If you lost your job, is it possible that there is an opportunity to find a more suitable job for you? If you lost a friendship, is it possible that there is an opportunity to spend your time with more quality people that are worthy of your friendship If your car breaks down on the highway, and your life goes “on hold” to deal with that, is it possible that it is an opportunity to experience the kindness of a stranger to help?

It is the moments of our life, and the difficulties we face, that are intended to guide us to a better life.

Although NONE of us can predict what lies ahead, we can all agree that life is FULL of “difficulties”. If you view them as that, versus the opportunity that you may have to gain from that experience, it could be a spiral down motion. I prefer the spiral up motion, and I thank the challenges I have (and will) be faced with.....BRING IT ON !
I just loved your quote and from now it has become my favorite too , i am writing it in my diary.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've always been an optimist. It's a choice to have a positive outlook or a negative one. I prefer to be positive, because it's uplifting and people are more drawn to positive people rather than negative. Keeping that positive attitude will help you so much in your own business because that little voice in your head is always telling you that "you can do it" rather than bringing you down by filling you with doubt.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Definately an optimist!
My motto is "Let your haters be your motivaters" Nuf said.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think I am an optimist. I see challenges as opportunities to learn to become a better person. There's a reason for everything that's happening in our lives. We may not see in the present but when we look back we'll have a much better perspective.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Honestly...I'm cautiously optimistic. Does that make sense? I'm optimistic about many things but it is a work in progress for some.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Eternal optimist. I find the good in every situation, even if it's just a lesson that I learned. Knowing that glass is half full, means half the work is done for me. I just have half a glass to fill to reach my goals and dreams. Believing in those goals and dreams, gets me out of bed every morning, with a smile on my face and ready to take on the world. It took me over half a century to get to this place in my life. It's been a wild ride, but the truth is the best is yet to come!
Denise
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Over my long years, I've been guilty of both. Seems that even in the most optimistic person, moments of pessimism creep in. Must wake up each day with the determination to keep an attitude of hope. That way those moments are brief.