Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 AM
WAHM Regular

I spend way too much time on Facebook, but I've been happy to discover that I can manage to tear myself away for a period of time and not care as much as I thought I would
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered WAHM

I am on facebook only for 10 minutes in the night time before going to bed for personal matters. I just check the messages and comments and reply whatever I have to.
Since I also use facebook for business also, after spending 10 minutes on the personal network on facebook I spend 15 to 20 minutes for business purpose. I quickly check whats the status and if there is any new video or anything that is worth to watch.
After that I just shut down my laptop and sleep Its just that simple

Then sometimes I tell me wife to login to the facebook automated friends adding software and let it run on the laptop. After the software has added friends request to atleat 10 friends (which takes 10 minutes or less) my laptop is shut down again and end of story. No more time waste on facebook.

But sooner I am going to outsource my facebook account so that people can keep on logged to my facebook account and do activities more often. This was I can connect to more and more people and this get more exposure for my business.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile No Way!

I can get sucked in so easily...and I just think it is such a big time waster. I log in about once per day so I can get updates on family and such and then I log off!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
WAHM Regular

I was at one pont, checking every couple of hours all day long. I was pretty much obsessed..
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Super WAHM

I do check FB off and on all day. I have been able to move my business to a different state with quite a bit of help from FB. It is a great search tool for finding information and connections.

Many of my contacts are young moms so they are on FB. It's a natural fit. Plus... I love it!

Krista
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Super WAHM

I'm not obsessed like my hubby is, but I do have a profile as well as a business profile. It's nice to catch up with people from your past.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered WAHM

What a breath of fresh air Susan! I agree, however to even mention that facebook is not a good thing gets you socialy outcast! Theres was an out cry on facebook recently about mothers posting pics of them breast feeding on facebook. My friend plastered a pic of her breast feeding with a "theres nothing wrong with feeding our baby" message and got a campaign going. Now I have no issue with breast feeding I fed all 3 of my kids and often in public (ignoring the tutting). However, why would you want pictures of you feeding your baby all over facebook? It's a private moment between you and your baby surely? I don't plaster pics of my kids birthday partys and their first smiles etc on facebook, these are precious things for me and my family not for anyone who I barely know. I do use facebook and have the odd pictures up but I don't constantly update it. Facebook has turned into a competition to see which class mate (most of which you have in your friends list and never even liked at school) has the best family and job and life.

Some things are precious and for you and your family, I think we should be more careful about what we share with who.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm not sure how much time I spend on Facebook. It depends on how much extra time I have and what's going on that day. I do have a lot of pages that I "Like" that post links to free stuff and printable coupons. I check a few times daily to see what new stuff has been posted, along with what my friends have posted. If I need to print a coupon, I do it really quickly and just leave it in the printer. I'm saving money so I don't mind the time spent. Being a work at home mom, I don't get much time to socialize, so Facebook is pretty much it!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered WAHM

I'm on it most of the time. I think the more friends you have on it, the worse it is.

Recently I've taken a break from it, and that helps to stop the addiction. The less I post, or comment, the less activity there is on my page and I'm less inclined to use it.

The other problematic websites for me are youtube - not in work, that is banned in work! But in the evenings...but I do sneak a look from work at the shoes in zalando and the other is Etsy - I have a shop on there, so of course check that and then of course can't but help posting on the forums and looking at all the other cool stuff for sale.

Last edited by homebased12; 02-19-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I usually check Facebook a couple times a day. I've reconnected with old friends and made new ones, and it's a great way keep up with what's going on in their lives and vice versa. I love looking at the pictures and watching some of the videos that are posted. If I miss logging in now and then, it's no big deal.