Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Question Who Inspires You?

Hi

I have been watching a bit of Oprah lately, after not watching it for many years, and I am wishing I was more like her. I love the way she says what she thinks, she is so open and honest, and I wish I could be more like that. I always worry that I will offend someone if I tell them what I really think sometimes, even though it might be for the right reasons. Time to get honest with myself and others, and speak up.

Who inspires you, and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Honestly, my daughter inspires me. Her health is bad. She really gets depressed some days...but she still clings to her faith, is not ashamed of it and lets everyone know she isn't ashamed of her God or who she is.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

That is so wonderful that you said that. I just read in my Bible 1 Peter 1:7 it says that our faith is more precious than mere gold. May God show her favor for her faith in the Lord. I will keep her in my prayers for her health. Have a blessed day.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 AM
WAHM Addict

I may be inspired by many people, all depends on their personality, if I see something outstanding, than I start analyzing their actions and reasons and make my own conclusions
Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Jesus inspires me. Even though people back then treated him so wrong. He still carried out his mission without retaliating. Nothing got in his way.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 AM
WAHM Fanatic

ty. I was touched...yesterday she sent me a text (she is 17 mind you) that said "hey, hey I love you" and that was it...I was waiting on her to ask for something..but she didn't. lol I texted back, "that was really random" and she said "I know" lol

and sometimes on facebook she will just say I love you or send a heart or something...its nice
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
WAHM Regular

That is so sweet. You are a great mother because most teens do not share their emotions. Especially randomly for no reason.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Eat Pray Love has been a source of recent inspiration for me. The movie and the book before it were all great.. I recommend it!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered WAHM

What inspires me? Well I would have to say that without a doubt that my Great Uncle is my inspiration. He is an incredible man. Generous, kind all the usual traits that I admire in people.

At the age of 55 he took up running and a few years later ran his first marathon. Can you believe it?? Now i'm training to do exactly the same!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Super WAHM

My family inspires me a lot. They're the main reason why I'm striving hard to obtain my dreams and goals in life.