Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Web Hosting

I need suggestions...I'm looking for a web hosting service for my psychic site. Must be easy to use & affordable. I currently have webs, I'm not happy with them.

Last edited by Barbarapaulson; 05-28-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 10:00 PM
WAHM Regular

A Small Orange (asmallorange.com) and iPage are two very affordable, reliable hosting services that have high customer experience ratings. iPage is running a special right now I believe. I have used both and recommend them highly.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:15 AM
Registered WAHM

First of all you have to understand your hosting requirements and then look into the search engine for the best vps hosting or cloud hosting provider companies you would like to work with.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Go with either dreamhost or bluehost. Other than these two others are not recommended to go with.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:17 AM
WAHM Addict

I advise you to stay away from hosting companies which have been bought out by EIG (Endurance International Group). Their up-time, reliability, security, customer service and help response-times all seem to deteriorate, and the overall quality of most aspects of the service goes down, and down, and down.

Here's a list of now-EIG-owned hosts where I certainly wouldn't consider buying hosting, myself (sadly, many of them are companies which have had particularly good reputations for customer service, until some time during the last year or two). This list doesn't even include all of them!

Again, just to be clear, countless independent review sites are now saying these are hosts to avoid, in 2014:-

2slick.com, AccountSupport, A Small Orange, ApolloHosting,Berry Information Systems L.L.C., BizLand, BlueDomino, Bluehost, Dollar2Host, Domain.com, DomainHost, Dot5Hosting, Dotster, easyCGI, eHost, EntryHost, FastDomain, FatCow, FreeYellow, [email protected], Homestead, HostCentric, HostClear, HostGator, Hostnine, HostMonster, hostwithmenow.com, HostYourSite.com, HyperMart, IMOutdoors, Intuit Websites, iPage.com, IPOWER/iPowerWeb, JustHost, MyDomain, MyResellerHome, NetFirms, Networks Web Hosting, Nexx, PowWeb, PureHost, ReadyHosting.com, Saba-Pro, SEO Hosting, Southeast Web, Spry, StartLogic, SuperGreen Hosting, USANetHosting, VirtualAvenue, VPSLink, WebHost4Life, Webstrike Solutions, Xeran, YourWebHosting.

Hope it helps!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you

Thank you for all the great suggestions.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Registered WAHM

I use Weebly which is free for a basic site. That worked well for me until I wanted to add password protection to some pages. It's super easy, drag and drop.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Default HostGator is great!

I do not agree with the assessment of HostGator being a bad or undesirable company to host with. While they may be owned by another less reputable company, I can personally attest that HostGator is a good place to host your site. The servers are fast, very reasonably prices and great customer support/service.

Hosting your own website is not for the faint of heart, be assured. You have to have basic knowledge on how to set up email, ftp accounts etc. If you know how to do this or know someone that does, please give HostGator a shot. Many psychics on my site use HostGator and are very pleased. Due to the size of my company and need for multiple dedicated servers we do not use them.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
I advise you to stay away from hosting companies which have been bought out by EIG (Endurance International Group). Their up-time, reliability, security, customer service and help response-times all seem to deteriorate, and the overall quality of most aspects of the service goes down, and down, and down.
After reading this I did some further research. Yuliya is correct! If you look at EIG in Wikipedia, there is a list of major outages that resulted in several hours of downtime. So I have to take back my suggestions of A Small Orange and iPage. I use iPage myself, but do not have anything in production at this point that would suffer from these outages.

I saw that web.com has been rated quite highly in several independent end user reviews. Apparently it is very easy to work with for those who do not have much site-building experience and relatively low cost.

sorry for my initial misguidance