Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I'm on Oranum but I'm not getting enough readings. What am I doing Wrong? :-(

Hello,

I did my test reading the other day for Oranum and started yesterday (9/6/2012). I've heard of people passing the $100 mark within a few HOURS of logging on. I made just over $20 my first day after working about 2 hours. I don't know whether or not that's good money for someone at the 99 cent rate.

I took special time and effort in my office background appearance. I decorated it with a celestial tapestry on the wall, a plasma ball and an incense lamp that looks like a genie lamp. I definitely look the part and have gotten a ton of compliments on it.

Lately though the traffic has been god awfully slow, with most of the people in my free chat not having any credits to get a reading, and some wanting a reading for free.

I've been getting on from around 9p to 2a Eastern Standard Time. Can anybody give me any advice? I'd like to know what the busiest times of the day/night are at Oranum and when the customers are on that have money to spend and will spend their money. Most of all I just need advice. I know not to quit, as I have just started.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 08:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Jessica

This is a question that just cannot be answered with any accuracy. Sadly, most sites like Oranum have peaks and lows any day, week or month.

If you are working during a certain time of day, change it up and try another time. If you are working certain days, change to different days.

Explore any blocks that you might have within yourself. I know that when I have lulls in my readings, sometimes that causes me to have anxiety and doubt myself... this turns into a vicious circle for me and if I don't stop it it just gets worse. This seems to block my energy and abilities so I take a day or 2 or 3 off to reground and recenter myself.

Relax with it. You have only been doing this for two days! Relax.

For what its worth, I have noticed that Oranum has been slow the last couple of months. Whether this is do to a summer lag (as many companies report) or if this is due to Oranum continuing to hire and over saturate their site; I don't know.

Most likely the days of surpassing the $100 mark in a few hours are probably gone. That was when they only had 4-500 readers...now they have breached the 2000 reader mark! it might take a little longer.

You are just going to have to trust yourself and hopefully that shines through into confidence that the customers can see.

Good luck hun
P
Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Widow View Post
Jessica

This is a question that just cannot be answered with any accuracy. Sadly, most sites like Oranum have peaks and lows any day, week or month.

If you are working during a certain time of day, change it up and try another time. If you are working certain days, change to different days.

Explore any blocks that you might have within yourself. I know that when I have lulls in my readings, sometimes that causes me to have anxiety and doubt myself... this turns into a vicious circle for me and if I don't stop it it just gets worse. This seems to block my energy and abilities so I take a day or 2 or 3 off to reground and recenter myself.

Relax with it. You have only been doing this for two days! Relax.

For what its worth, I have noticed that Oranum has been slow the last couple of months. Whether this is do to a summer lag (as many companies report) or if this is due to Oranum continuing to hire and over saturate their site; I don't know.

Most likely the days of surpassing the $100 mark in a few hours are probably gone. That was when they only had 4-500 readers...now they have breached the 2000 reader mark! it might take a little longer.

You are just going to have to trust yourself and hopefully that shines through into confidence that the customers can see.

Good luck hun
P
Thank you Pink! You're a lifesaver! I have been experimenting with different times of the day. My main times though are 9pm to 2am because 9pm is my 3 year old daughter's bedtime and I'm lucky--she sleeps till noon! Just because I put her to bed at 9pm, doesn't mean she goes straight to sleep. Sometimes she will stay up until 2am talking to herself! She gets no caffeine and she hardly ever sleeps thru nap time anymore.

Ive seen that they have over 2000 readers, but I've also noticed that no more than about 50 are on at one time. (I studied this trend for a couple weeks as I waited for my test reading)

Do you or anyone else on here know when the summer lag will be over? I'm excited to start doing more readings for people!!!!

FYI: I even have a feng shui water fountain in the NW corner of my office where I do readings. The NW corner is the wealth ($$) corner of your house and a flowing water fountain represents money coming to you. I turn it on when I wake up and turn it off when I go to bed.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
WAHM Regular

WOW first off all you are soooo lucky to have a 3 year old who sleeps until noon! lol Mine were all up by 6 or 7am when they were little. Luckily I don't have that aspect to deal with anymore (all grown adults lol)

You said: FYI: I even have a feng shui water fountain in the NW corner of my office where I do readings. The NW corner is the wealth ($$) corner of your house and a flowing water fountain represents money coming to you.

Now see, I have heard the opposite, if you have water flowing in your money area it is like money going down the drain, so you might want to turn it off for a while and see if it helps.

Who knows when or even IF this is a summer lag. When I first started back in March, there were usually no more than 10-15 readers online at any one time. So unless "O" is increasing its (active) membership exponentially...50 readers online available for readings is going to make slim pickens for the readers...this is actually a scary trend you have noticed...I didn't think that many readers were on unless they do some sort of incentive for the readers to be on (they recently offered an additional 10% to readers who spent the most time in free chat on Labour day...not sure if you caught that one) and you will find LOADS of readers on trying to get that incentive.

So yeah hang in there. Burn purple candles or have an amethyst crystal around, this promotes psychic powers and might help calm you during your time online. Don't discount how your energy and emotions can effect or block the readings you get or provide....

Last edited by Pink Widow; 09-08-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typing errors...as usual lol
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Jessica,

I haven't been here for a while, just read your messages.

- No. 1: Get the best possible Awards ranking! This will rule your incomes. If you are amongst the first 10 or so, you may get 10 times more traffic than others!

- No. 2: Free chat usage. I know some of the Psychics doesn't like it, but believe me, this is a perfect marketing tool. If you use it properly, it gives you a bunch of new Clients. I know some readers on Oranum whom are complaining about Members taking them to private too fast!!

- No 3: Promotion. use the additional promotional tools Oranum offers, like e-mail readings, recorded videos, pictures, the Community site, and so on. They have a bunch of official and non-official offers (like some of the readers are giving out free credits amongst their Clients when they reach a milestone). You may contact their support, they are always happy to help.

Hope this helped Jessica.

John J.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Oranum

Hi Jessica,

Hope all is well with you, I work on Oranum also as ladyren, and I have no background on my wall, its just as plain as day hahah, but I will improve that wall soon. Change your hours, and do a video, promote, and the money will come, take your time. (ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING). I have alot of people coming into my room, talking about rude and fake reading. I've been on Oranum 1yr and some months, and yes there are alot more reader than when I first started last May. Dont worry your clients will come.

LadyRen
Old 09-22-2012, 05:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Hey there
I've been looking at this site -weighing the pros and cons of it. One thing that is holding me back is the idea to set a schedule and come in to work the chat rooms for 14 hours every week. To me, that means time that I can't log on simultaneously to another site while I am there, because it would mean leaving the free chatroom, and i can't see giving up readings somewhere else to sit in chat. (At this point I usually run a couple of different sites at a time, trying to spread my eggs into different baskets for security.)

Those of you who are logging in there, are you able to be logged in on another site as well? How important is it to preschedule those 14 hours a week. (My thoughts here being a single mom, is that flu season is coming and I don't want to be in a situation where I can't pick up my son if he is sick because I have scheduled hours in a free chatroom.)

Anyone who is logging in there have any thoughts they can share on this? Is it a factor? I just need to make sure I can do this and pay my bills rather than take away from what I am already doing. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello ReikiLight,

As I know, they expect the minimum of 14 hours, because that used to work (Members getting familiar with you, etc.).

But as to my knowledge, this is not checked by anyone, so I would suggest to you to give it a try and start!

Hope this helped.

Best,
Jeffrey
Old 09-22-2012, 06:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Reiki

It has been months since I have been able to put in the minimum 14 hours a week that they initially told me was required. So far the only draw back to it is that you are not "ranked" this means that you are not likely to make the first page for more exposure. Other than that, no one has said a word to me about it. Of course, that could change at any point lol.

I do have 2 other services open when I am working O. If I receive a reading request in either of them and I am in free chat on O, I close out my chat on Oranum and take care of my other customer. When I am done, I go back to Oranum. The same holds true if I am taken to private on Oranum, I put myself unavailable on the other lines and concentrate on O.

You dont have to do the preset schedule. They suggest you do it but I rarely do it for some of the reasons you mentioned in your initial post.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Upload Speed Issues

Hi,
I want to signup with oranum, But internet upload speed is biggest hurdle. How can i improve my internet upload speed. I am Living in small city of Pakistan where no Broadband company is providing required upload speed of 1020 kb. How can i increase my upload speed???