Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Live Person Fifty Dollar Fee

I recently went on Live Person and started filling out the form for readings. I liked them since they had several areas to specialize in. Having been through much with a haunted home, I really wanted to help people in this area. So Live Person was very appealing to me. Once I got through the first part of the application of personal information. I could go no further unless I paid the $50.00 back ground check fee. I had not signed up, done a test reading or been offered a position. I don't mind a back ground check once I know I have the job, but I am not going to pay a fee when all they have is my name and address. Does anyone work for them? Is the fee up front worth it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Never Pay A Fee To Work

Asking someone to pay for their background check speaks volumes about the company. It says GREED. Background checks don't cost $50 to begin with. If they do one I'll bet they won't show you the information they found on you either. It is wrong to charge someone a fee to work, just plain wrong. If they start out with questionable practices, how can anyone trust them on-going?

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree with Doug. Our local PD will run a background check for $15. Charging $50 sounds like a money grab.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Super WAHM

I say that myself when I went to sign up. I use to do readings for them years ago when they were Kasamba. I decided to try them again only to see their fee. No one am I going to pay them that. I also think its greed.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't believe it is based on greed. I believe they implemented this fee in response to the overwhelming increase in new experts in the Spirituality section when the economy went south. Rather than continue to get too many new advisors, at first the shut down the section and allowed no new applicants for a long time-at least a year or two-then reopened the section but with a fifty dollar fee. Doesn't seem like the best solution to their dilemma, at least from an applicant's perspective.
I paid the fee and made the money back within a few readings.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Missing the point

The point is... It does NOT cost $50 to do a background check. What would you call it when a company marks up the cost of a bacjkground check by 100% ? Most sane, rational people would call that GREED! Yes I know exactly what a background check costs, I am a psychic site owner.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
The point is... It does NOT cost $50 to do a background check. What would you call it when a company marks up the cost of a bacjkground check by 100% ? Most sane, rational people would call that GREED! Yes I know exactly what a background check costs, I am a psychic site owner.
Are you calling me insane & irrational? Lol!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered WAHM

Default employment

I have just tried to apply to join your company and the website doesn't seem to be working would you be able to assist me in this.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post
I have just tried to apply to join your company and the website doesn't seem to be working would you be able to assist me in this.
same here never get anything back about
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with LivePerson. I used to read for them back in the day, but they just have SO MANY people in the S&R category now that it's just impossible to get noticed. Frankly, I got tired of logging on for 12+ hours and never getting a call. Plus, I didn't like the way they treated their experts. Someone would commit a violation of some obscure policy they didn't even know about and get "fined" - I've seen fines in excess of $1,000! Frankly, if I want to work somewhere that charges me a house fee and fines, I'll go be a stripper and at least make more money!

Tags
fee, live person, psychics, reading