Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I think there was a thread here before about California Psychics but I can't find it now.

does anyone work for this company and if so, how much does it pay and is it any good for you?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello Nice to meet You Cristina!

Im exciited to be posting on this board. I was reading for a while
and a freind just made this account for me... still gettting better
and leaning my way around computers.

I am findin it would be much easier for me to
do my work from home as my babie enters preschool. Its slow in my neighborhood and my coffee shop readings are hurting. The smaller places and peoples were nicer to me than bigger ones. Any
other psychics being hit hard locally?

I just applied to Caliifornia Psychics too and haven't heard back yet... Im thinking about Psychic Sourse, too. Starting my daughter's college savings fund a bit late in life -
so any advise would be so nice. Does one pay more? Benefits?</font>

Im super happy to become a phone reader. Any advise to another
mom with a little one? Is it hard to do phone readings havin kids? Should I only do them when she's in preschool?</font>

</font></font>

Edited by: NeverTooLateMom
Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Welcome aboard Sarah, its nice to meet you!

I have 4 myself so yes doing readings at home can be a bit hectic.. Mine are 7,5,3 and 2 months..
I can't do phone readings because its too much noise in the house.. I can tune them out but for a client well they just don't understand lol..
So I work on LP which does offer phone, but is mainly for chat and it works great. I have certain times of the day now that its summer that I work, so I get the joys of a clean house and my kids get to go out and play twice a day for a couple of hours and still make a living.. So yes it can be done and blissfully I might add Just find your nitch and you'll do good.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Babie Cj is soooo cute! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Nice to meet you too. She'll be in prescholl soon so I ll be able to do phone readings so i guess I won't try when she's here at night and afternoons. Thanks for the advise. I must find my nitch. Im scared of chat cause i don't type very good. Is it hard to keep up?

Old 06-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Aww ty!

Well starting out on LP you pretty much have to keep a low price just
to drum up a clientel.. but because of that you can type slower too and
they probably won't complain about it.. Myself I've always been a fast
typer I avg 75wpm.. but I think I type too fast for my own good lol.. I
turn a 20 min read into a 10 lol.. but anyway.. I'd say just give it a
try I mean after all what do you have to loose? If you like it you'll
slowly improve your typing skills just from doing it.. and if you don't
like it then you at least can say you gave it a shot and you won't
always 'wonder'.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello
I am new to the board
but I did work for CA psychic for 4 years (as of two months ago)
The pay is not too bad,but it depends on call back minutes and repeats (as most lines do)You must keep your line open all the time and it begins to wear on you
After four years they booted me off(with out so much as an email. I went to log on and my extension was cut) for not spending as much time on the line. I had to take calls from horrible people as they will not let you block any one and I was simply tired
I was recently working for asknow.com but they said my calls were too long !! So Booted again! (with no email)
(They always want coverage)and you can not have coverage if you are on the line with a client on a very long call
I am now suppose to be working for Keen (but I am not doing any bidding stuff)
I am not too sure though if they will be a busy line I logged in today and did not have any calls (log in was about two hours) last night was a little better but it does take time to get people to know you I will give it a try tonight
I have been doing ""real"" psychic work for 30 years and I am also am counselor and transpersonal therapist and Shaman
I beleive the lines are just not really good NOT because of the psychic's but because of GREED
We are always threatened with jobs loss and they do a lot of arm twisting (subtle)
I was told to lie and make up stuff(Like I see a vision so call back tommrow),too keep people calling back
I think it is why I was booted off of asknow (I did not do as was I was told ): Also they "lost" two hours of my time and I never was paid for it
It is common for that company to "lose" minutes on long calls (tech problems) and you had to keep a precise log but even though I did that I never was paid (or at least not yet)for my missing time
We also had to do lot of computer work for them
I was a five star but they booted me anyway
I am hoping to begin my own business (just me no lines}
I am wondering if any one is familar with pay pal and if it is possible for people to pay with pay pal with using your own phone line (not a 9oo line)
I have long distance *which you must have with no voice mail etc* to work the lines
I am trying to avoid the cost of a 9oo line at least until I see if it is worth it
I would not charge more than 1.99 per min.
I cannot beleive how much the lines charges and how little we see of that as employees
20 cents a min for the employee and 4.29 for the company
Yes it is true they have to pay for advertising but I beleive in the end they will simply lose because people just cannot afford that expense
I would like to have my own "line"
Appointments a few a day and not endless waiting for the phone to ring
Please e-mail,if you have questions about lines
I would be happy to help!
and yes the lines have been slow..
Everyone is hurting
blue rose
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Nice to meet u Blue!

Thanks you. sounds like there loss. Sorry its hard for you to.
I notice that the coffee shop gets way slow in the summer then in the fall. Are phones like that?

Have you tryed the chat raedings on LP? Im worried cause I dont type very good and when im tuning in on my clairaudience i like to be at least 10 feet from my compyter.Its frequnecys mess with my hearing waves and i dont like the idea of shuff;ing tarot while trying to typpe. At leastt with a phone i can use a headset.
Any headsets i should check out as i start doing phones. Im not hired anywhere yet but im thinking of psychicsourse since they have some comericials on john Edwads. My feeling tells me pretty good on this one but if i can make more in the coffee shop. I dont know. its hard. Can i get benefits if i get paid laess money? So it sounds like CApsychics pays more then some but you have to be on more. is sourse more busy? Anyone give health benefts?

i love this board. psychics need psychics.

thank you blue and Cristina.
Sarah

Old 06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello Everyone,
No, no benefits working on a line
You are a "contractor" and though you can sort of make your own schedule you do have to be available a lot to make any money at all(and one never knows if the phone will ring or not)but I like the job and enjoy doing what I do. The problem is the people who hire you
I have thought of doing the chat thing I do type fast but my PC is a little old and a little slow. Would that that a difference?
I am working now for Keen/Lumaina Pacifica and they seem nice but kinda slow so far
I am working on doing my own thing( I would love to have my own phone line) and yes it is slow in Summer (everyone out I guess) I do work weekends and sometimes that can be busy
I keep hoping I will find a line that is a good fit for me (I am an "honest" Reader)
I am not really sure what LP is?? Is it Lumina Pacifica?? They did not offer any chat readings to me..just phone..
Could you let me know?
I would sure try doing the typing/psychic work as I use to counsel on line using email and chat so I am use to it.
I have just tried sending an email to psychic connection so I will see what happens. I am looking for more work
I like Lumina but it is rather quiet and I have the phone open 8 hours each day!
By the way I never was paid for my two hours of lost minutes ): so be careful if you work for asknow
And I agree I love this board.
Psychics DO need psychics!!
Peace and Happiness~
bluerose~
Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 AM
WAHM Fanatic

thank you bluerose. I would rather stick to LivePerson than join this line you described. It's too greedy for me, and the fact they booted you just because you weren't on the line enough to their liking really turned me off on even pursuing anything with California Psychics.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
WAHM Regular

I tested for CA Psychics twice and they never hired me. I found out their pay is kinda low, and I work for another line now that is probably just as busy and I make more money. It is a line/site that is harder to get onto, as even recommended people have to wait. But I've been on there for going on close to a year, and my abilities have done nothing but improve...I dunno if its me, spirit, or what! Now I am motivated to maybe test for some of those 'other' lines, but waiting until I see reason to try, in terms of reading feedback on this board!

Thanks guys! Bright Blessings!