Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Pregnant WAHMs

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Default 7 Months Pregnant Family of 4 DESPERATELY in Need of Sustainable Income

Hello everyone! My name is Holly and I am in a very sticky situation. I need a mentor or something similar to offer me some advice. I don't have time to waste trying to build something from scratch right now and am not interested in selling or anything commission based. I need HELP!! My partner is showing to be incredibly unreliable and leaving my children in someone else's care is just out of the question. Not being able to adequately provide for my children is killing me! I am looking for at least 2000$ a month. Any advice is welcome but we need a miracle and we need it now! Love and blessings to all who take the time to read/respond!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

For work at home Jobs, try the telecommuting thread
or
For work at home Businesses, try the
Advertise your business thread

Also, notice all the various signatures by our posters. Each will normally have more ideas for you.

Hope this helps
Bonnie
Old 09-23-2016, 08:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyann89 View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Holly and I am in a very sticky situation. I need a mentor or something similar to offer me some advice. I don't have time to waste trying to build something from scratch right now and am not interested in selling or anything commission based. I need HELP!! My partner is showing to be incredibly unreliable and leaving my children in someone else's care is just out of the question. Not being able to adequately provide for my children is killing me! I am looking for at least 2000$ a month. Any advice is welcome but we need a miracle and we need it now! Love and blessings to all who take the time to read/respond!
That is terrible Do you have any college or vocational degrees? I've heard a lot of good things about medical coding and transcription. I don't have the degrees or the time for these jobs, which is why I'm working with a wellness company. If you'd like information on that you can message me.
I hope you get the miracle you need. <3
Old 09-24-2016, 07:19 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this!

I'm not trying to be discouraging, but realistically, the limits that exist in your situation that are going to make it extremely difficult to find anything, right away, to make the money that you need. It will be especially hard because you said that you don't have time to "build something from scratch". From my experience, the WAH jobs that pay the best and also have the most flexibility are the ones in which the person has basically become their own business. That takes time!

Most quick-hire jobs that I've seen either pay less than $10/hour and/or do not have the sort of flexibility that you need to be able to work while caring for your children inside of the home. Also, the "better" WAH jobs usually have longer hiring processes and training. Even if you were to find something quickly that paid a minimum of $10/hour and you worked 40 hours a week, steadily (which is not always easy to find), that's only $1600/month. Also, it's hard to find "sustainable" income if you don't have a lot of time.

Are your children at an age where you can just check on them during your breaks and lunch, or do they need constant attention? That answer, in itself, will be a line in the sand.

The benefit to jobs that have commission is that the commission can supplement a low hourly rate. Also, a lot of people don't like these jobs, so there is usually a higher demand for sales reps vs customer service reps.

Have you considered writing? That's one job that would allow you to be able to tend to your children when you need to and the volume that you write will typically determine your income.

Companies that come to mind that aren't writing are CSR jobs like Ap*le, Am*zon and Am*x, but I've never worked for any of them, so I'm not sure how sustainable they are, the pay, or if you can work them with kids at home.

Hope you find something soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyann89 View Post
Old 10-25-2016, 07:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Just want to say good luck and wish you all the best. Things have a way of working themselves out. Dont lose hope.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Default I really wish I could help more.

I am sorry about your situation. But you will thrive. Take it one day at a time. Sadly I could share with you 50+ places that hire home based workers. But the problem is they all fire you for background noise. So you would still need a full time child care provider. Have you yourself considered becoming a licensed child care provider? If you tell me what state you're in, I can give you some links to help guide you in the right direction. And I can also share my links, if you'd like. Please ask after Thursday. Keep your chin up.

Sincerely,

Lisa Marie
Old 12-02-2016, 02:02 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Look in the telecommuting folder. There are jobs posted all the time. Most jobs pay pennies (I tried that but it didn't last long. Definitely not worth my time). The jobs that pay well will be difficult to get because of all the competition.

Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Holly,

I hope things work out for you. Doing childcare in your home may be a good idea if that is possible. Writing is a good idea if you fancy yourself a writer. You may have to do multiple jobs to get the money you need. I saw information on a search engine evaluator - check this out: How to Earn $12/Hour as a Search Engine Evaluator. You may want to check The Penny Hoarder | More Money In Readers' Pockets. Occasionally you will see some interesting suggestions there. You may have to do a number of things to get to that $2,000 per month. I hope all goes well for you.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Consider working online. Be a writer or SEO personnel. The pay is good and you are at the comfort of your own home.