Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Boy!!!

Little Nicholas Michael Zoltack was born on Thursday at 6:47 pm, weighing 7 lbs, 4 ounces, and 21 inches long.

I went in for my ob appointment on Wednesday and was told that I was spilling even more protein in my urine than before, an alarming level, and my bp was high, 160/90. So I was sent over to labor and delivery for them to determine to induce me or not. I called Todd, told him to get over here and after a couple of hours, they decided to induce me. So I went from triage to labor and delivery.

At 6:20 pm Wednesday, they started the protocin to induce me. I was fine with the pain for a long time but by 4 am, I just couldn't handle it anymore. So, although I really didn't want one, I got an epidural. And it was great. I was able to sleep through several hours of labor as a result. But then the edipural wore off and they doubled the dose and again, I was able to sleep.

I was in labor for so long (over 24 hours), that I went through 3 doctors on call. Two of which mentioned possible c-sections to which I was vehemently against. The first one, Karen, was going to start talking about it when she went to check to see how diluted I was, the previous two times, I had been 6-7cm. This time I was 8 so we let labor continue. The second doctor hardly saw me, he had four c-sections. The last one, Dr. Gilbert, came into my case, seeing that at noon on Thursday, I was complete with a lip. Nicholas was sunny side up and, although you can push the baby past the loop, they waited to see if it would disappear. At 5:00pm, he came in and decided that I could start to push. Despite having the epidural, I still could feel the urge to push sensation and pushed for 1 1/2 hours before I wasn't able to progress any further. So Dr. Gilbert said vacuum or c-section so I said vacuum and Nicholas was born at 6:47.

He is the cutest lil baby in the whole wide world! I'll have to get pics up soon but not right now. He has a lot of hair, really dark. His eyes are a deep blue gray but I think they'll most likely change to brown. After all, he was born 10 days early. And yes, he is jaudice although he doesn't look yellow. He has his mother's fingers: long and thin. And the cutest lil button nose that I just want to eat, it's so cute!

Since he was 10 early, he is jaudice and has been using the wally blanket for two days now. His numbers have started to come down though, which is wonderful. I always thought that babies were allowed to lose weight the first week but the baby dr said that since Nicholas was still losing weight (born at 7 4, left hospital at 6 14, two days later at his first appointment 6 13), that he wasn't getting enough from my breasts and now I have to supplement him with formula. It's been rather hard since I really fell in love with breastfeeding him. Hopefully, once his jaudice is gone and his weight is up, he'll be able to go back to solely breastfeeding.

It's just about time now for another feeding so I better get going. It's wonderful being a mommy!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 06:48 AM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations!!! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]

Well done you and welcome baby Nicholas!!!
Sounds like you had a VERY exhausting time!!!

Enjoy each oher (((Hugs)))
Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Awe, sweetie Congrats! Sounds like an eventful labor but very much well worth it! Enjoy all of it! My last baby was very jaundice and I breastfeed as well, docs wanted me to supplement cause he was 4wks early and my milk took 7 days to come in. I knew he was sucking good and getting the colostrum so I asked that they give me a few more days before supplementing cause of the fear of not ever latching back on and sure enough my milk came in full force and he gained weight quickly! So hang in there, I am truely one of these that LUVS breastfeeding and I cry when they wean themselves off so enjoy every moment.

Congrats once again and we can't wait to see pics. Next thursday 10-23 I will be induced to have baby #5!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Congrats on your new baby!!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Congrats!!

Love,
Shannon

Old 10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Super WAHM

Congratulations on your new arrival! Enjoy that sweet little bundle of joy! They grow up way too fast!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Well, Nicholas no long needs to be formula fed. He gained 7 ozs in 2 days and was back to his birth weight on 15th. Since then, I have only breast fed him. He had another appointment on Monday and gained another 12 ounces! He's already 8 lbs!

My husband can't find the usb cable for uploading pictures from the camera so I'll just post the link for the hospital pictures: http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortrai...f-b6040b0a1459

Isn't he just precious???
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Super WAHM

aww what a cutie
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Super WAHM

Congratulations on your new boy!

Leanna

Old 10-22-2008, 04:34 AM
WAHM Addict

Awww Congrats!! He is sooo precious!!