Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
WAHM Regular

My doctor told me to go to the Emergency room last night, because I am 37 weeks pregnant and had been throwing up everything I ate for the previous 4 days. They wanted to check the baby and also give me fluids for dehydration. The Emergency room told me that vomiting isn't considered a pregnancy symptom so they wouldn't admit me to Labor and Delivery to be looked at. I ended up sitting in the waiting room, painfully sore and sick, for 4 1/2 hours until they finally had a bed for me! 5 hours later I was finally discharged from the hospital!

Man, I think at 37 weeks, ANYTHING should be considered a symptom of pregnancy just to make sure the baby is ok!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I am so sorry that you had to deal with that! A friend of mine threw upall day with her first baby and had her son the next day. I was told that is a sign, cause your hormones are going crazy and preparing your body for birth. Some women even have dirheria(sp?) before they go into labor! Edited by: kalmond
Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
WAHM Addict

aww That had to suck!!

At the hospital I am delivering at, once you hit 20 weeks in your pregnancy, you go straight to labor and delivery for any preggo emergencies rather than the ER.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! 20 weeks! That would have been nice. My ten hour stay would have been a lot shorter. Hopefully this means labor is coming soon.... less than three weeks left....guess we'll see!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
WAHM Addict

That must have been terrible! I went to ER not long ago,I am high risk and hey saw me right away and were great.I am in UK.
Sounds like your body is gearing up for labor,best of luck to you!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Super WAHM

This really makes me mad! My daughter had her baby and a week later she had all the symptoms of a ruptured appendix. She was breast feeding the baby in the emergency room for nine!!! thats 9 hours before they saw her. And then it did become an emergency operatiom/ What is wrong with our healthcare system!
Good luck honey I will pray for you to have an easy delivery in a pleasant environment. Make them treat you good!