Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I thought I somehow pulled a groin muscle about a week and a half ago cuz I've been having crazy pain. Spoke briefly to the nurse at the doc's and she said that there wouldn't be much they could do other than what I'd been doing (ice, heat, rest, etc.)

Well, I went to look up stretches online and read that it's perhaps round ligament pain or something pelvic dysfunction (where your pelvic bones are all out of whack and too loose).

Luckily, so far nothing has been wrong with the baby, and I'm thankful for that...but did you ever feel like you got stuck with every single possible bad pregnancy symptom in the world? Cuz that's how I feel!

And I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND the "pat on the head" response I get from everyone. You know the one, I'm sure. The one where they're trying to pretend to feel bad for you, but that's really saying "Quit your b****ing. This is just something that pregnant women have to go through." with a look in their eyes like I'm just a whiner.

I'm seriously going to attack the next person that says "Well...it'll all be worth it when you hold that little baby in your arms." no matter how true that might be. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Love,
Shannon

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Well...it'll all be worth it when you hold that little baby in your arms[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM
WAHM Fanatic

hahaha.

Where's that middle finger icon?

Love,
Shannon

Old 09-01-2008, 06:08 AM
WAHM Addict

I know what you mean. I have been waking up with pains shooting through my hips. lol So, I look it up online and it is a preggo thing.

I have been sleeping with a pillow between my knees/legs to help it.

I have become a huge whiner... Body parts hurt and ache that I forgot that I have and I get the same response... it will all be worth it.... Just a little longer... Blah!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Ok I'm joining this pity party. At 18 weeks I started having contractions. At 24 weeks I pulled a round ligament and a muscle in my back. At 26 weeks I was rear ended by a lady that made it very clear she "didn't give a f***" that I am pregnant. 30 weeks I started swelling like a blimp. 34 weeks I was 2 cm dilated and put on bed rest. 36 weeks had an infection scare. Now, 38 weeks (20 weeks of contractions) 3 cm dilated, broke my toe 2 days ago, thought my water broke, can't sit, stand, pee, poo, or anything else for that matter because the baby is laying against nerves. So yeah....everything happens to me too OHHHHH and I've been leaking fluid pre-milky stuff since 4 months hehehe lol
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftckywifey
Ok I'm joining this pity party. At 18 weeks I started having contractions. At 24 weeks I pulled a round ligament and a muscle in my back. At 26 weeks I was rear ended by a lady that made it very clear she "didn't give a f***" that I am pregnant. 30 weeks I started swelling like a blimp. 34 weeks I was 2 cm dilated and put on bed rest. 36 weeks had an infection scare. Now, 38 weeks (20 weeks of contractions) 3 cm dilated, broke my toe 2 days ago, thought my water broke, can't sit, stand, pee, poo, or anything else for that matter because the baby is laying against nerves. So yeah....everything happens to me too OHHHHH and I've been leaking fluid pre-milky stuff since 4 months hehehe lol
Wow you poor thing!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
WAHM Regular

It's not so bad....just been an interesting ride is all. I'm actually in the early stages of labor now. Should only be a couple more days!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Wow. Maybe I don't feel so bad after all. haha.

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

I like to think that if you go through a bad pregnancy, you'll be blessed with a fast delivery and a healthy baby that immediately starts sleeping through the night and who has poop that smells like roses.

We can dream right?

Love,
Shannon

Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 AM
WAHM Regular

lol that's cute Shannon.....yes, we can dream!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
WAHM Regular

I certainly hope that's not the case. My pregnancy hasn't been that bad at all. I was nauseous in the beginning but only actually got sick three times. I've had some back pain throughout but I've always had problems with my back. My only complaint now is swelling but with fall coming, hopefully the weather in PA will start to drop, most of this week has still been in the 90s and hasn't been helping me very much. All in all though, I'll say that my pregnancy has been going really well... I just hope that labor and delivery is the same! Edited by: scarlett9284