Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
WAHM Regular

I was wondering if anyone has read the last book in the series? Not the one leaked on the internet but the actual last published book? Breaking Dawn?
I read all the Harry Potter books before my son read them.
Not to give anything about the book away, but wondered if anyone thought it was too Steven Kingish in the direction it went. Maybe I was thinking more Rosemarys baby! LOL I remember reading the Exorcist and thinking NO WAY CAN THEY PUT THIS IN A MOVIE!!! and they DID...so wonder if this will end up in the movie too!
I am NOT sure I would want my 13 year old or younger!!! reading this book. I was amazed at the graphic nature of parts of this book.
IMHO it was way too mature for the audience that seems to behooked on this series.
Maybe I am just an old fogy!and I was way more immature at that age back then. Kiddos are so much more exposed to stuff nowadays than we were back then!Edited by: arneyls
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Super WAHM

I read the Twighlight series too. I totally agree with you...I sure don't think they should be for young kids! Parts of the book were pretty freaky even for me!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've read the series and I think the books are great. They are listed under the young adult category and from what I've read it's quite ok for that age group and older.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
WAHM Regular

My 15 yr.old son and I read all 4 books and they were very good.If you dont want your younger kids to read it try renting the movie " twilight" it didnt show anything graphic. It was a preaty good movie ,I cant wait till the next one comes out.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
WAHM Master

My 12 year old dd wants to read the book...we watched the movie together..nothing to bad in it.

How is the book?? What do you mean by graphic nature?

Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM
WAHM Regular

The books get more in detail about going on thier "hunts" and the taste of blood and stuff like that. cant remember which book but one of them talks about Bella and Edwards honeymoon. You may not want him to read about that. I work in a doctor's office and I have seen more adults reading them because thier kids were reading them to.Edited by: mharper
Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered WAHM

I've read them all and there is nothing 'hot and heavy' in them. Sure they go on a honeymoon and she drops her towel... and then it cuts to the next morning when they wake up. Perfectly fine for a teenager I think.

I remember reading Forever by Judy Blume at age 13...Ralph anyone?? Much much more graphic - Twilight is very tame in comparison.

Plus it promotes responsibility for your actions - they deal with the consequences - its not going to corrupt any teen I know.

I don't believe in avoiding issues - I think it leaves kids unprepared when they finally face them. You could always take the opportunity to discuss someof the issues raised after you both read the book.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Registered WAHM

I have read a part of the series - and I think the books are great.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered WAHM

people keep saying how great the books are but i still havent gotten around to reading them yet lol i need to get on that ASAP
Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

What age is young adult?