Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:20 AM
susandp

Question Cat....cyst above his eye.

I have a cat...and he is 18...The vet agrees with me to do surgery requiring anesthesia is not
a good option..The cyst is benign. It fills up shortly..maybe only a week or so after they drain it.
I have looked online etc to find what I could try to get it to diminish in size...but to no avail...cannot
find any thing I could do at home.

Any ideas? Would really appreciate some input.. on how to deal with it.

Thanks Susie
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 PM
WAHM Addict

Well this is what I found on a human perhaps you can do this for your cat too:

Cysts tend not to disappear on their own without treatment - they can be drained by a medical professional, treated with a cortisonemedication injection or surgically removed.

I also have a book from Silversol.com and they have something for humans that maybe you can use on your cat good luck keep us posted.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:21 AM
susandp

Wink Cats cyst above eye

Thanks for your reply.. I know about Silversol.. I have had the products and the book for over a year..

It did not help..as I used the gel for months..no change... I will ask my vet if she could
Freeze it off...I was there 3 months ago..for his shots ..general checkup...she never mentioned
about freezing it off..so I am calling her to see if she could do that.

Thanks again. SUSAN
Old 03-11-2015, 05:26 PM
WAHM Addict

Maybe another Vet has some ideas, or maybe another lotion let me know how you come out ok
Old 03-12-2015, 04:54 PM
susandp

Question Cyst on cats eye

Thanks so much ... I will call the vet tomorrow to see if she can freeze it off... I am not sure what other
product to use.. So thanks again. SUSAN
Old 03-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Super WAHM

Talk to the vet before you do this (especially with it being near the eye), but this is what I do (vet approved) when my dog (an Akita) gets a cyst (like you, I know her cyst is benign). Make a paste of dish soap (I use Dawn) and sugar. Put it on the cyst. With Pandora (my dog), I cover it with a piece of gauze and a little tape. She's still a puppy and runs around a lot. Do it every day for about a week. It will naturally open (pain free) and drain. I've also done this on my children and my husband. Again, check with the vet because of it being close to kitty's eye.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:37 PM
susandp

Smile cats cyst

Thanks so much...will try the dishsoap with sugar...and I will let you know how it works..

SUSIE
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 AM
susandp

Default UPDATE on cyst on my cats Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Bull View Post
Talk to the vet before you do this (especially with it being near the eye), but this is what I do (vet approved) when my dog (an Akita) gets a cyst (like you, I know her cyst is benign). Make a paste of dish soap (I use Dawn) and sugar. Put it on the cyst. With Pandora (my dog), I cover it with a piece of gauze and a little tape. She's still a puppy and runs around a lot. Do it every day for about a week. It will naturally open (pain free) and drain. I've also done this on my children and my husband. Again, check with the vet because of it being close to kitty's eye.
OK It has been about 3 weeks since I got your note here and Yes thank you... I tried the sugar..dish soap Idea, but I only had cheesecloth on one time..and tried a bandaid one time. they would not stay on but I hoped it might drain a little anyway, but It did not... so I read something about essential oils..? do you know of that treatment.. I have to do something soon..as my Husband wants it frozen off if nothing else works on it soon... I will call the vet soon about freezing it off ...but still want to try one more thing-- before I call her. He was there 4 months ago..she drained it off for the 2nd time and she agreed with me that putting him under anesthesia was not a good idea --as he is now 18 years old!! but Healthy!! . Just wanted to update you..as you had asked me to do. .So let me know if you have any other ideas.... Thanks so much.. Susie aka susandp
HOPE you are having a good Week.

Last edited by susandp; 04-02-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: wrong spelling again
Old 04-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered WAHM

A few weeks ago I gave my neighbour a lift to the vet, her cat's eye had popped She was beside herself with worry but fortunately the kitty was fine.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:25 AM
susandp

Question cats eye popped?

Hi, thanks for the reply but do you mean that the cyst..popped? CONFUSED... Please write back and Thanks.. Susan