WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Party Plans (https://www.wahm.com/forum/party-plans-50/)
-   -   Facebook Parties (https://www.wahm.com/forum/party-plans-50/683054-facebook-parties.html)

matoozie 02-01-2013 09:39 AM

Facebook Parties

This came up in another thread and I find it really interesting and thought it could use a thread of its own.

Do you do FB parties?

What kind of product line you you represent at your parties?
How do you host your parties?
What kind of response do you have?
What are some must-do tips?
What are some of the pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks!!!

Charming Texan 02-01-2013 10:23 AM

I love FB parties but I have quite a few friends on FB and in the cloth diapering community. I've had great success this last month with my DS, South Hill Designs. My first had about $700 in sales but my second was a flop.

Must do tips:
Post pics daily, post snap shots of catalogs, run daily specials, engage the person with asking questions of what they want to see and then post pics of that. Make sure the hostess helps promote too (inviting friends, posting on her timeline)

Things to avoid:
ignoring posts in the event. not updating information. not engaging the user

Good luck!

matoozie 02-01-2013 03:35 PM

Thank you. Wow! $700 is great. Excellent ideas.

ChooseOrganic 02-02-2013 05:16 AM

Really great ideas. Also looking to venture down that road!

udesignit 02-02-2013 04:50 PM

The consultant website has to be conducive to individual shoppers shopping online as a party. I attended an online FB party for a couple of DS companies and it was very easy to shop on behalf the hostess

geekmom 02-02-2013 05:23 PM

I didn't even realize people were using facebook for product parties. What a great idea! Is there a live chat app on facebook or is it all done on the biz pages or comments?

melissaferrell 02-02-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekmom (Post 3077722)
I didn't even realize people were using facebook for product parties. What a great idea! Is there a live chat app on facebook or is it all done on the biz pages or comments?

I have set up several FB events, as well as attended FB events that my Hostesses have set up, for Thirty-One.

My recent event was for the new company that I joined, iLA and that one has had the best attendance. With that one, I keep putting my updates of my successes on it and keep changing the dates and time so it keeps bringing it up in front of people so I think those are a couple of the "keys" to a successful FB party.

extremelibrary 02-03-2013 08:13 AM

I tried several times to have online Facebook parties and never had much luck getting people to buy things.

wahinmyjammies 02-05-2013 01:01 PM

I try to make it interactive. I like playing games like name the nail wrap, what nail wrap best describes your hostess, scavenger hunts, etc. I also post pictures of hands and toes with our nail wraps on since most people like to see what they look like on. I also post about how to become a consultant, how to host a party and hostess rewards.

wahinmyjammies 02-05-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekmom (Post 3077722)

I usually use an event page, making the hostess an admin with me so she can invite everyone and set the party date for the start date. If the party is to stretch for a week I change the date. This way people don't have to been there all day to wait for my postings, the event page is right there.