Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Chelsea Row

So I just heard Chelsea Row is going out of business. I'm so sorry to all their consultants.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry

Chelsea Row and Kitsy Lane both closed and did not give boutique owners any warning. They sent out emails after boutique owners were left wondering where all the merchandise was to stock their boutiques. Very unprofessional and disappointing.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

It is sad to hear about these closures, especially when there is no notice to the consultants.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

How sad. You just never know what goes on in the corporate side of some of these companies!
lia sophia pretty much left their consultants high and dry after many years in business. Other companies get bought out and taken over with little or no notice.

It seems like the DSA should have some sort of rule that independent business owners must be notified of any huge changes in a company. But I suppose most companies that are getting ready to close or go bankrupt want to squeeze every penny from their sales force before the "big day". If consultants were told ahead of time, they would cease placing orders and recruiting new people. It just seems so unethical and DSA is all about ethical business practices.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Super WAHM

Isn't Chelsea Row fairly new? I seem to remember getting numerous emails from them trying to get me to join the business. Unless I'm confusing it with another company.

Never good when those sudden closures happen. Sorry for anyone who was personally impacted!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, the company was very new and had launched a virtual party format. They launched about 1 year ago. I was also contacted via LinkedIn which is interesting since I do not list direct sales in my profile.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:44 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabimom View Post
How sad. You just never know what goes on in the corporate side of some of these companies!
lia sophia pretty much left their consultants high and dry after many years in business. Other companies get bought out and taken over with little or no notice.

It seems like the DSA should have some sort of rule that independent business owners must be notified of any huge changes in a company. But I suppose most companies that are getting ready to close or go bankrupt want to squeeze every penny from their sales force before the "big day". If consultants were told ahead of time, they would cease placing orders and recruiting new people. It just seems so unethical and DSA is all about ethical business practices.
I am not sure most start ups are members of the DSA though. It takes a monetary committment to become a member.

As for Lia Sophia, I know alot of their reps are upset because they are still selling jewelry under the LS name but they are doing it by sending out emails to customers that were cultivated by their reps who are now no longer receiving compensation. They continue to add new jewelry so it isn't just closeouts. I get the emails but I admit that the jewelry they are offering is really nothing special at all.

That is the downside of being in DS. The benefits are fantastic but we have little control over what happens at the Corporate Level. And yes, when the end is near, they are not looking out for the reps most of the time.

Leanne
Old 08-18-2015, 01:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! That is awful that they didn't give them any notice at all. That has to be so disappointing and frustrating to the consultants!