Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Sad

I find it sad that so many of us if you look at history of threads were so
Enthusiastic about an opportunity only to find ourselves
Jumping around and quitting. Some one after another. So many different companies
In such a short amount of span.
My question is those of you who have found success in the company
That you chose in this case someone who's stayed with the same company for at least
A year... Were you tempted to quit at some point or you just
Continued to stay excited about your company.
Can those who have been with the same company share how long
You've been with them and which one and what
Made you stay.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2015, 05:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

I have been with Tastefully Simple for 6 years. I have never considered quitting this company, nor seeking an additional direct sales company. TS is enough for me and keeps me excited to this day. I think it helps that our catalog changes twice a year and I know it helps that we are food! My reorder business is unbelievable because once they eat the item, they need to go get another!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've been with Apriori Beauty since the first day Consultant registration was opened, February 1, 2009.

I don't ever think about changing companies because I love our products so much, love how my skin looks so vibrant and young and I love how easy it is to earn income with our comp plan.

We have excellent personalized customer service to help us from our home office and leaders who listen, and support us.

I love that our personalized websites are free and we get paid every Friday on our Apriori Beauty Debit Cards. We have an 85% Client reorder rate which is a great way to build a business!

A Consultant can just build a lovely retail business and earn commissions and not enter the mlm side of the comp plan, without even making a personal purchase.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Ive been with avon 10 years this year and also have not considered leaving. Its been in business since 1886, and everyone knows us up front! I cover 18 wonderful states and its such fun because we dont sell just one thing... you want it, we probably have it.

Bonnie
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 AM
WAHM Veteran

I've been in Direct Sales 27 years. My longest stint was Partylite for 15 years and my current Scentsy is 9 years. I only left PL because of a life situation and I did not want to be in DS anymore. If I couldn't give it my all, I didn't want to do it half heartedly. I did not leave to "try" another company.

A couple companies I was with earlier went bankrupt. I stayed because quitting wasn't an option. I didn't start a business to quit when it got hard or boring. Direct sales works ... if you work. It doesn't matter what company it is but as long as you quit and start over you will never get to the top and stay there.

I stay because I've worked too hard not too.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Super WAHM

I have been in direct sales for about 6 years, and with Cloud 9 Parties almost 3 those. The other two companies I was with shut their doors.

I have never even thought about quitting, but certainly there are times where my enthusiasm is a little lagging. That's just life. Typically those are the times when I have missed a few training calls, or stopped sharing my business with people.

All it takes is a chat with a fellow consultant, or a new party on the calendar and I'm right back ready to go.

I stay because it is fun, it helps me pay the bills, and I feel like my input matters. I also enjoy helping couples bring a little spice into their life (or heck, some new jewelry or bath products!) Having been with Cloud 9 since we opened, I am fortunate to call the CEO a friend, and I love how her mind works. I look forward to many more years with them!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:37 PM
WAHM Regular

When I first started working online, I developed software... a lonely little opportunity. Then I found RentaCoder and worked there between 2006 and the time that they sold out. Now I'm back to developing software, but I dip in and out of Textbroker. I've been with TB since 2011.

I was *very* enthusiastic about RentaCoder, however, because of its bidding system and the protection that it provided its coders. I was so enthusiastic, in fact, I published a book about the company and even worked as part of the staff for a few months.

AFAIK, no other service comes close to what RentaCoder was for its freelancers. Not even today.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I see a lot of that here, and I wonder how many people actually give the business a good try before going after something else. All of these companies require real work. I have been with three companies over 20 years that I have actually attempted to work, but the only one that gave back more than I put into it was my current company, Silpada Designs, which I have been with for 5 years.

As a sponsor, I've had people sign up under me and never even host their own party (not even as a book or online party). I also think that's sad, but it's their business so it's really about what they want to do.

I hope that the people jumping from company to company eventually find one that clicks for them and find happiness and success!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Super WAHM

Lani, I've noticed that tendency to jump around too, and I personally have done it. I think there are many reasons why it happens - tough family situations, money issues, etc. - but the one that is the saddest is that people just give up on their dreams!

Even though several companies didn't work out for me, I kept gaining experience so I wouldn't make the same mistakes in the future. I also got more and better training on HOW to be successful in business, and found systems that would work for who *I* am.

The other thing that made a huge difference was working on my mindset and belief in not just direct sales, my company and products, but also MYSELF! Especially after not having done as well as I'd hoped in previous companies, I had to make sure I found a company that I could truly believe in and then make sure my brain knew that I could be successful with it!!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:53 AM
Registered WAHM

I just started in DS, but I started with my eyes wide open. I fully understand that it is not a get rich quick scheme. I know that I must work full-time to earn full-time income. My success is a direct effort from the effort I exert.

I can't even imagine jumping to a different company. My heart and soul is in this business and I'll be heart-broken if it fails.