Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:33 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Online Parties?

Do you hold online parties? Do you find they are as successful as in home parties? How has the attendance been?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2015, 12:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Online events have worked very well for our group. People seem to enjoy the "from your own couch" experience.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:24 PM
WAHM Regular

As a side note, make sure that it is formatted in a way that allows for interaction through comments and question and answer.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Online events work, but they require a big push from the hostess to get people involved and attending. I find that people purchase more when they can try products in person, but getting them there can be a challenge. Even so, getting them to log into a facebook event they said they would attend also requires follow-up.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

I do almost all my business through Facebook parties. At first I liked them primarily because the hostesses couldn't/didn't cancel the parties-something I was plague with in the past. Now I stick with them more because they fit quite well into my family obligations.

I have only done 1 home party with Paparazzi.(it wasn't good) but from what other consultants saw of their home party averages, my FB parties are right in line with those numbers.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Great ...!! for me it is really new concept , online party sounds great ...!!!
I would like to know about it more ...!!
Old 02-21-2015, 12:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

In my experience with how FB works, the more the host will/can post, like, comment, etc. they more of their friends SEE the event/party posts, interact and the online party sales turn out much better. It's so easy to be lost in the guest's FB feed with their algorithms. I've been thinking I need to try to do a couple extra online party videos to share along with the regular videos I share at the in-home parties to try and cross that online disconnect.

With that said I find that I gain more future bookings and sponsor leads from an in home event where they not only learn about our mission but they can see/feel the quality of the pieces and truly catch the vision of how their purchases, hosting and joining can change the world. So I like online parties for reaching new areas that haven't heard of Trades of Hope yet and are great filler for my schedule but I still primarily focus on our live "parties with a purpose".

It's nice to have options for our hosts!
Amanda
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Facebook parties can lead to tremendous growth of a team and income if done correctly. The Tag Team offers facebook party training and have testimonials from ladies who have used it with lots of success.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Don't let online parties go too long

I would say 3-5 days maximum. I also try to do things for pre-orders before the party to enter them into a drawing, etc. I also like to use them myself to have a "surprise" hostess where I give the rewards or parts of the rewards towards a drawing to be a hostess. It definitely increases my sales by double!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I have done Facebook parties and they are fun and convenient. I agree that the more the hostess is involved the better. I have a couple vendor events coming up (our first will be in a few weeks) which I am very excited about. I have not done an in-home party yet, but am looking forward to those as well!