Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Survey

31 Gifts or
Tradesofhope.com

I'm wondering if you had to host a party, which
Would you choose?

I love the looks of trade of hope products
But as a business it doesn't seem to pay much.

I signed up with thirty one before and I loved my purses
However, it didn't seem to generate much interest
Around me. I'm wondering if it's by demographics.

I'm in CA and most I know are into designer bags or
Just buy it at Ross. I love though the personalization
Aspect of the purses.

Trades of hope is biblical company but I don't see any mention
of God really. It's all about self reliance and
quotes by Ghandi inspirational no scriptures.

With thirty one they seem more bold about God
And you see the reflection and message of it
Being Christian.

I'm not oppose to joining a company that is not Christian
But if you are going to say you are why such silence about
God.
Thirty one seems to acknowledge God more and give Him
Glory. If your a Christian what are your thoughts?

I started reading the success stories on 31 website and
It is inspiring what some of the ladies have accomplished
Already in comparison to other direct sales where it seems
People work hard as well but not compensated as much.

Trade of hopes have great products but do not seem to
Pay out as much.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Lani!
No, Trades of Hope, does not "emphasize" God in some of the business aspects. But their Mission is made public and that is "Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Proverbs 3:27

I myself was led back to this scripture: Matthew 25:37 ~ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
So we are serving Him and others thru our service.
Hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Ultimately you have to go with your heart and where you feel God is leading YOU. For me it was Trades of Hope. I hope this comes across as I mean it to - as my view point and with love. I know the written word cannot always convey the feeling behind the words adequately.

The fact that TOH is a company founded by strong Christian women is not printed across the catalog or website doesn't make it any less true. When you look at the about the founders page on our websites you see them share they are Christians. Our current Compensation plan has Proverbs 31:8 on it - "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Defend the rights of the poor and needy." On our business op. brochure it states "Work with a company that strives to follow Biblical standards". If you go to Trades of Hope's youtube channel you can watch a video where they talk about how TOH got started and they confidently mention God there and many other places. They start each weekly training call for the CEs with prayer. Many of our artisan groups are attached to or started by missionaries sharing Christ's love and message. It reminds me of a phrase one of the pastors at my church has said many times - people don't always care how much you know until they know how much you care. The relationships are precious. The Trades of Hope blog mostly highlights our monthly Gifts of Hope program. TOH gives a portion of their sales (a tithe) each month to a different charity. Our CE spotlights in our closed FB are encouraging for me. Since ours aren't in a catalog here's our most recent one.

"I'm so excited to be a part of Trades of Hope. I've been a part of other direct sales organizations in the past but never one with the potential to forever change so many lives around the world and never one where I was passionate about the company's mission.
Little did I know my passion for orphans would lead me to this organization as I have never considered myself a champion for women! Trades of Hope was mentioned to me in 2011 (why didn't I listen?!) and again in May of 2013 during the Christian Alliance for Orphans' Summit at my home church. I was busy being a mom of a very active pre-teen daughter, a wife of a husband who has had major setbacks after 4 spine-related surgeries, a full-time professional, a co-leader of my church's orphan ministry, and a grieving daughter who had lost her dad to pancreatic cancer. I certainly didn't have time for a business. Of course, God's timing is perfect and He knew this is what I had been looking for. I needed to feel I was making a difference in someone else's world since mine was spinning, but I had never found a way to do so. Trades of Hope showed me that in order to help the precious orphans around the world, I needed to help their mothers. If the only challenge for them is money, a sustainable income changes the whole family dynamic: it gives a mother a career she can be proud of, helps her feed and educate her family and, most importantly, keeps a child in a loving home.
I've become a champion of women! I'm helping women out of poverty and keeping families together. And, when I share the Trades of Hope mission and our beautiful products, my world stops spinning for just a moment."
Proverbs 3:27 - Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

I was recently talking with someone about TOH. She was looking at two different businesses and I encouraged her to think about it, pray about it and decide where God was calling HER to be. God can use each of us in very different ways and in different places. I have always had a heart for missions and this is where God lead me. I wanted to be doing His work and for me, this feel like I can take everything I have learned about sales before now and use it to bless women around the world. I can be the hands of feet of Jesus to these women while blessing other women who want to be Compassionate Entrepreneurs alongside me. For me, the compensation seems appropriate and keeps the prices appropriate for my customers too.

Sorry it's so long. I was just trying to share my viewpoint and heart in the matter. May you receive the answer that is right for you and may God bless you wherever you are meant to grow your business. <3
Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Personally, I think the business model of Trades of Hope is more closely aligned with Christian principles.

If you want a business that generates income that you can use to do good works, you can choose any business, not just ToH or 31. But if you want a business that does good works and changes the lives of people in need through its business model itself, I think ToH is a better fit.

It reminds me of a company called Nightlight - they help women who are working in the s*x trade and train them on how to make jewelry, so they can make money that way instead. It gives them a path forward. So, when I have bought products from Nightlight, I feel good that the person who made that item is making a better life for herself.

I think ToH is the same way.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you ladies for responding.
I really appreciate you all taking the time.
Looks like my assessment regarding trades of hope is not true as far as them being silent. Sorry and I'm happy to be wrong. I did see that
scripture and forgot about it.

These thoughts I wrote came upon me when I looked at their FB page and saw many quotes that are considered inspiring including one from Ghandi. Of course, regardless of where it came from all truths come from God. It just bothered
me that not one acknowledged God on their FB page considering they have quite a number of quotes photos.
I went through all of them.
I have been going back and forth whether to sign up or not.
I really like the look of their products and of course the mission and how they give to those in need.

My other concern is this mission about being world changers. I just wondered if it would detract from our main mission as Christian which is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ who is the main world changer.
I'm thinking this is no different than Christians getting involve in social causes and being an activist which I believe God commands us to be.
Salt and light in words and actions.

I just wondered for many would it give them a sense that this is the main mission and overshadow the true main mission.

My brother's church for instance they help the homeless etc but they have it set up where they have to listen to the gospel.

Vibella is another party plan set up that way, they try to
Make it their mission I believe to also have the artisan get involve in a bible study but for certain reasons I just don't feel led to join that company.

I realize this is a business and not a church. The main responsibility lies within the local church to send out and make disciples of all nation.

Having said all that I said I think I will be joining.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Lani,

Since I'm currently with one of those companies and going to be joining the other, I have some thoughts and insights about your concerns. I'm not sure I want to share them all here. I will say, comparing their charities is like night and day,no comparison.

Last edited by accents4you2; 06-15-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: correction: charities
Old 06-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

I emailed you.