Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Good Idea ?

Hello All !

I have been asked to co-host a Pampered Chef party in January or February. Since I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant, this might be fun - but I'm having a few reservations about it too. (Minor stuff like timing, how to support my friend, etc.)

I agreed to co-host as a favor and I think it will work out just fine if we both invite people.

Have you ever co-hosted a party with another company ? If so, how did it work out for you ?

Do you have any tips to make this a mutually successful event ?

I appreciate any and all comments and ideas.

To Your Success
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Naturally Based WAHM Reg

Default Co-hosting

I love the idea of co-hosting an event and getting two great sized audiences combined to mix and mingle! It seems like a natural combo for you might be a gourmet mix company, or a wine company, maybe even a chocolate and a candle company (to set the mood) ...you could call your event a night of decadence and pamper people with amazing quality food/preparation and pals... Seems to me you could (pending all the companies allow the mixing and mingling) have a. Great turnout with the right preparation! I love doing this with my Younique in conjunction with Jamberry nails or another spa pampering type session our evening are spa pampering type parties. Let us know how it turns out, I'm excited to hear!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
WAHM Veteran

If you're talking about two direct sales consultants on the same night, each inviting people with the intent of getting a bigger turnout, I'm absolutely against it. Most people who attend one of these do so with a limited budget of what they'll spend for the night. If it's $20 or $60 or whatever amount, I want all that for my sales, not to be divided with someone else. Also if I invite people to a party I want them to buy my products, not someone else's. Most people I've talked to over the nearly three decades I've been in direct sales feel that way. It starts out everyone thinks it'll be mutually beneficial, but one consultant ends up feeling cheated, either out of sales or out of time to have the floor or something isn't equitable and regrets and hard feelings are generally the outcome with a steadfast "never again!" as the ending sentiment.

Doing a vendor event where there are multiple vendors is different. Those who attend those events know there will be multiple sales/products and that is why they go. If you're talking more intimate of sharing with 1-5 or so other consultants, there are generally other activities you can do with your time that turn out much more beneficial.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wink Group Parties Rock!

I LOVE THIS QUESTION!

Before my candle company relaunched as a Party Plan company, I was invited to join the jewelry party that I was HOSTING at my house. That SOLD me! Everyone loved having both companies and I am seeing so much success with others doing "group" parties! I recommend that! Make this party 80% about having fun and 20% about the products. You will enjoy and have success! Best Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPea View Post
Hello All !

I have been asked to co-host a Pampered Chef party in January or February. Since I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant, this might be fun - but I'm having a few reservations about it too. (Minor stuff like timing, how to support my friend, etc.)

I agreed to co-host as a favor and I think it will work out just fine if we both invite people.

Have you ever co-hosted a party with another company ? If so, how did it work out for you ?

Do you have any tips to make this a mutually successful event ?

I appreciate any and all comments and ideas.

To Your Success