Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thoughts on new Companies?

Hi All, I just recently started with a new company called Llynda More Boots, I signed up with them because I just loved the products and the uniqueness of it. Part of me was nervous about it because they are ground floor/new, and there has been a lot of companies that have closed there doors, so it's a little scary. But I just new I had to join this company or I would regret it someday if I hadn't.
What are your thoughts on new companies? would you join? why or why not?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 06:26 AM
WAHM Veteran

For you, it was clearly the right decision because you said you knew you had to join this company or you would regret it someday if you hadn't. That is exactly the attitude needed for a new start up. The bigger the risk the bigger the payoff.

It's always risky to join a new start up. The statistics of new start ups failing within the first two years are astounding. However the benefits to getting in early can also be a fabulous payoff. As long as you're prepared for growing pains, and glitches and possibly a slow start during the forming stage until the company is mature enough to have brand recognition - and if you are prepared to stick it out, even when it is slow going, then you'll be fine.

I've done both. I joined Partylite many years ago when they were well established and I had a long and thriving business. I later joined a new start up that went belly up within the first year. Earlier this year my daughter joined a company that had been in another country for 3 years and was just opening in the US. That didn't work out at all because there wasn't the support nor processes set up to give her the basic tools she needed to even get launched. I joined Scentsy 7 years ago and it has been the best decision ever - but it has not come without trials (getting in so early).
Old 09-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Super WAHM

They are a risk worth taking!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Love LAscents explanation and I agree new start ups carry risks but if you see progress with the company and willing to go through the trials and hiccups, it's well worth it. My company is only 1.5 years young but being at the beginning is the most rewarding business I've been involved in. I used to dream about these results . But new companies have issues. That said, so do established companies, just different, because there will always be something you won't like with new and established companies. If you find something you're super excited about I'd say, go for it and stick with it.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for your input ladies!! I am soooo excited about this company and have never been this excited before, and because of that I said this must be it for me :-) I thought the risk is worth the taking! Talking with the Co- founder of the company on several different occasions also helped with some fears I was having but he put them to rest and I was even more excited after I had spoke to him, they have big plans for the future and I want to be a part of it :-) I know there will be some up and downs and things I may not totally like but I believe in the company and the products I'm representing and I know that's whats going to make me hang in there :-)
Old 09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Super WAHM

I say if you are passionate about the mission or products of a company - go for it
Old 09-30-2013, 05:59 AM
WAHM Regular

I just checked out your link about the product, and wow! Those look amazing. I can definitely see why you'd jump at that opportunity!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone for your input! And yes Olyvya, your reaction was the same as mine when I found this company :-) It is definetly a unique product, I couldn't pass it up! I got to speak with Llynda More herself
last night on the phone,I thought that was so cool that she called to welcome me! She's very down to earth great person and has so much passion for the company! I am very excited about the future of this company :-)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful View Post
I got to speak with Llynda More herself last night on the phone,I thought that was so cool that she called to welcome me! She's very down to earth great person and has so much passion for the company!
That is an exciting perk of getting in early. I think back to the earlier conversations our owner and I had when we were still very small and young. It helps you feel vested in the company even more. Then later down the line when you're still working your business years later, you're known as one of the trail blazers who helped get it up and running.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thought on New Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAscents View Post
That is an exciting perk of getting in early. I think back to the earlier conversations our owner and I had when we were still very small and young. It helps you feel vested in the company even more. Then later down the line when you're still working your business years later, you're known as one of the trail blazers who helped get it up and running.

Your exactly right LAscents, And it's so rewarding! I love helping others grow and see
them accomplish their goals and dreams! This is why I LOVE DS so much :-)

Last edited by beautiful; 09-30-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: misspelled