Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Default question for those who have more then 1 business

I was thinking about joining 2 party plan companies.....one I have been with before, so it's rejoining them and a new one.
It mostly because I really like both, and they are both interests of mine, regardless of selling the product, if that makes sense.

I mentioned this to my husband who saw no issues with joining two companies and then to a friend who said with 2 companies to look after I cannot commit myself full to either one and both could fail.

I understand her concern but I also know a lot of people can and do make more then one company work without sacrificing either.....so I was just curious to hear from people who have done more then one and what your experience has been :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

I personally think it would be difficult to build a large team and do it really well with 2 companies but I have signed up with a second company for the products. But I'm a big sponsor and it would make sense for me to sponsor for one company only. But perhaps others might have a different opinion. I don't know any top recruiters/team builders with 2 companies.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Super WAHM

I am with more than one and I am able to work them all as none of them compete and they compliment each other very nicely - I stay at home with my boys and am able to work my businesses during the day. One of them I do exclusively on line and the other two I do parties and events for. I am doing well with all of them.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Although I think it's possible (although perhaps not ideal) to work more than one party plan business (that decision is up to you), one thing to consider is the financial commitment - buying marketing materials for 2 businesses, business cards, etc.

Not necessarily a definitive reason not to join more than one, but it is a consideration.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I think if you are going to have two companies, it's better to have one that is more focused on the party plan model and another that is more focused on affiliate marketing, online sales/reorders, etc. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to manage them both.

I am with an affiliate marketing company as well as my party plan company. My biggest challenge is that both have rules against cross-marketing, so it can make things a bit complicated if I want to promote both to the same person.