Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Torn between the Two....Pink Zebra VS Scentsy?

Hello All,

I'm ready to start my own business with one of the 2 candle companies, and so far all I'm hearing is the negative side of both companies, which is really leaning me towards neither..I hear Consultants talking negative about the opposite company but not really telling me the PROS of their company..

I really need some insight on both the Pro's and Con's, I prefer no back lashing of the opposite company if you work for either..

I need to know the following if you can help:

How long to candles last burning / does the scent last long?
Commission that can be made?
Are you able to sign up for event in your area with doing these companies?

Any other information you want to give or you think would be helpful I would appreciate it...

Thanks in Advance ,

MzColey
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 06:36 PM
WAHM Veteran

How long to candles last burning / does the scent last long?
**Scentsy's official response is that there is no quantifiable number of hours because since we're wickless, we can't measure the amount of time unlike wax that melts away like it does with wicked candles. With regard to the scent, each person is different and each scent is formulated differently. One person may tell you she warms one or two cubes at a time, leaves it on 24/7 and it lasts more than a week. Someone else may have an entirely different experience. It also depends on the individual's sense of smell, if it's located in a larger room or a smaller bathroom or office. If it's near a vent, fan or draft; if it's a scent formulated with fragrance notes that some have more troubles smelling or are hyper sensitive to. We teach our team members not to try to tell them how long it will last, but rather how to use it and how it's individual experiences.

Commission that can be made?
**20-39%

Are you able to sign up for event in your area with doing these companies?
**yes
Old 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am NOT a consultant but have been a customer of both Scentsy and Pink Zebra. IMO Scentsy lasts longer and scent is stronger. But I like the ease of Pink Zebra in that I don't have to cut the bars.

I like both and would buy from either one. I would choose the one with the best comp plan.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I had a very bad experience with Scentsy unfortunately. I was a consultant with them for over a year. I don't know much about Pink Zebra but I do have some friends that have done really well with it.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Super WAHM

I am the same as the above poster. I was a consultant with Scentsy and didn't have the greatest experience. I didn't like their rules about advertising online, I found that other consultants were pretty mean to each other and reported you left right and center. I also didn't like that they changed their requirements and made it impossible for me to remain active over the summer when I was busy with a baby and moving. I invested a lot of time and money into Scentsy, and I felt like they didn't have my back. That's just my personal experience. Pink Zebra isn't in Canada, so I have no experience with them.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

For me, I would have to start with the products because it's important to be a fan of your products, then the company and culture, and last but not least is how flexible the company is when it comes to online marketing. My business is done nearly entirely online including my blogs and I couldn't possibly be my company top consultant if this was restricted.

As for the candles, I personally prefer candles. And as a customer, I'm drawn to the pink/fun packaging from PZ
Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Grand WAHM

I just wanted to say hello and wish you much luck with your search. I hope you get your questions answered and find the right "home" for you with a candle company that fits your needs. Good luck and much success to you.

Teresa
Old 08-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

There are several positives I could say about Pink Zebra. If I had to choose only one, I like that it is unique in the sprinkle form and it allows for mixing together different scents "recipes".

You could call the vendor coordinator for the events that you might be interested in and ask them if they already have a rep for either company. That might help you to know if you, personally, will have any trouble or not. Look up the consultant locator to see how many are around you in your town. I lucked out and I was one of the first in my area.

Good luck with your decision
Old 08-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Registered WAHM

I want to thank each of you ladies for your comments and advise it was a hard decision to make, but after review each product, and what it has to offer, how I could personalize my business with the product, spoke it over with my hubby and the decision was very clear...I want to thank you all for your assistance...

Im now a PZ consultant!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Welcome to the Pink Zebra family!