Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Super WAHM

Default Working your business only online?

I was wondering who works their home party business only online and is successful. How do you do "parties"? Do you use Facebook? Do you host in chat rooms (if those still exist, lol)? What does or does not work? Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Super WAHM

I do online Facebook parties with my company Younique. It can sometimes be challenging because it's makeup, and some people are a little iffy about buying makeup they haven't tried. Some are successful, some are flops - but all are learning opportunities. The key is to have an engaging hostess who promotes her party online and offline too! Games are always fun.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM
WAHM Veteran

I've worked my Scentsy business strictly online for 7 years and I'm top rank, so I believe that would qualify as being successful working it this way. It is however 'harder' in a sense because I'm getting orders and team members one at a time, vs. a party setting where you have groups of people in front of you at once. It's also harder in forming relationships without the face to face contact. I don't host online parties but do much better building relationships one on one via FB, email and phone. It's something however that I have to work everyday, many weeks, 7 days a week. There's no such thing as autopilot, even in the age of technology.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYoung View Post
Games are always fun.
What kinds of online games do you do? Sounds interesting
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Super WAHM

We have pigments, so I'll post a photo of a look that was created with our pigments and ask them to guess which ones were used. We also do scavenger hunts, trivia and word scramble.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

I also work my Mia Bella business 95% online and it's growing wonderfully!

Alison
Old 07-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Successful Online

At this point, due to health issues with my hubby, I work my business mainly online.
I feel my business is successful online. I work daily @ Sharing recipes, photos, cute little interaction with friends, doing FB parties, all seem to work well.
I also promote team building, fundraising, and genuine friendship with those I meet online.

That said, I do feel that if you also add the interaction at a face/face party there is certainly a great chance to enjoy even more success.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Super WAHM

I do both Athome and Wildtree exclusively online - I am doing very well with both. I mostly advertise with FB - with Athome - I have not done any parties but am doing over xxx in sales a month on web orders alone. With Wildtree - I just started and did my very first online party through a FB event and I am already doing another - the first one went great! I love doing home parties but cannot right now so I am very happy that I am able to successfully run my businesses from home.

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 08-09-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: pls don't make income claims per wahm's rules
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi Amy, I have done most of my business offline and dabbled in working my SimplyFun business online so far. I have done some FB parties, etc. and had some hits and some misses but I am very excited to begin doing more online parties starting in just 3 days. SimplyFun is launching a business changing virtual party Aug. 1st. My hosts will be able to have friends from across the U.S. attend their virtual party at the same time from their computer/laptop/ipad, etc., play online games, watch game demo videos, we'll be able to interact via video & chat, it will have a "personal playologist" feature for shopping - very cool! With my husbands varied travel for work I am excited to use this new avenue/tool to be able to truly capture more of the online market for our award winning games.
I wish you the best in advancing your business through online tools!
Amanda
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaCandleMom View Post
I also work my Mia Bella business 95% online and it's growing wonderfully!

Alison
Hey, Alison!

Since you deal with scents (and some are really unique), what methods do you find work well with your biz online? I'd love to learn some new ways to help my son.