Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Banned

Default Gigi Hill Closing

I received the below email in the middle of the night. I checked and they even shut down their websites. They did not even give their reps a chance to give customers a heads up, etc...

I feel lucky...I only signed up when it was $1 but started doing so well with my Jamberry Nails business that I did not devote any time or money into Gigi so this news does not really effect me. But I feel very badly to the many women who made this their full-time career.

Email from Gigi Hill (received at 2:55 am):

Dear Gigi Hill,

It is with a heavy heart that we have made the decision to close Gigi Hill. We love each of you so dearly, and this company so dearly, and it is by far the hardest thing we have ever had to do in our lives.

In January of 2013 our bank credit line was pulled. Due to this, we sought additional capital and we were in "due diligence" with 2 separate firms to be acquired. We have spent countless hours with these firms trying to reach a deal. The acquisition would have allowed us the needed cash flow that is a necessity in every business. We are so sad to report that no deal was reached. When our credit line was pulled, it made operating for growth extremely hard. It is for this reason Gigi Hill will be closing.

We know you will have so many questions, and we are going to do our best to answer them.

We love you all so much. We have had so much fun laughing together, crying together, and sharing our hearts. We have felt your love every day and you are what has made Gigi Hill the great experience it has been and we hope you will take a piece of us with you as you move forward and continue your journey.

Thank you each and every one of you. We hope you know our intentions have always been honorable, truthful, and that we fought so very, very hard to keep us all together. In the end, this is where we are and as you move on to your next journey we wish you nothing but happiness and that you will be successful in all you do.

Thank you again for everything, it has been a wonderful ride and we hope our paths will cross again.

XOXO

Gabrielle & Monica
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

This is so sad as I really loved Gigi Hill bags and had been a customer.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Just a reminder that advertising and personal site links (including email links) are not permitted per our board rules:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...e-posting.html
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

WOW..I'm stunned too. I am a 31 Rep but also an equal opportunity bag lady, and Gigi Hill has/had some great bags. Recently I began chatting with a founding Rep from GH. She saw a lot of potential in me and wanted me to give GH a try. I told her I was committed to 31 but would check things out. If I made the commitment she had a plan to help me get where I wanted to be. She actually believed in me so much she paid for me to attend their conference next week. After reading this post I checked my messages and there was one from her. She of course is stunned but said the conference is still on and there is some news to share. I had been conflicted but didn't expect to get such a clear answer. I'm sorry for her and all Gigi Hill reps. I have seen how close of a "family" they are. Many have worked so hard to have it gone overnight. Just reminds me to always keep my faith in God, not in people or a company. And with today's economy probably a good idea not to put all your eggs in one basket. Blessings and comfort to all Gigi Hill reps .

Last edited by accents4you2; 07-17-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Super WAHM

I am so sorry to all of the Gigi consultants! I can't imagine if the company I work for just closed the doors with no notice. I would be devastated! I hope you can all find another company that you love just as much!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
WAHM Regular

That is so sad. I am very sorry to all of the consultants, just like Creative Memories that have received emails about them closing shop. Wish you all the best of luck!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Default there was more than just an email....

yes this is a very sad day and I am personally heart broken but for people to say that they did it in just an email is incorrect! Monika and Gabrielle are two of the most loving owners of a direct sales company that I have ever seen. There was a conference call last night that they personally informed everyone that called in what the situation was and how sorry and heart broken they were....they fought hard up until the last moment. They did not even know until 2 pm yesterday that they were loosing their company!! So please show a little respect and not turn this into a trash on them as a company and respect that us consultants are heartbroken and need time to process this before you try to start recruiting us!! Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
WAHM Master

I just want to send some hugs to everyone!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

My heart goes out to everyone who was with Gigi Hill. I've been in your shoes and understand how devastating it can be when a company you love suddenly closes.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Awesome WAHM

It is always sad to hear of a DS company closing, especially when it was started by two moms with a dream and a vision. Wishing everyone success in whatever road they decide to take.