Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
WAHM Regular

That's tough having the company just shut down without warning.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Cindy Monroe is welcoming GH reps into our company with open arms. We are a young company (just finished our summer soft launch), so there is a lot of room in Jewell for these women. They will sign under a GH Leader.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyDashiell View Post
Cindy Monroe is welcoming GH reps into our company with open arms. We are a young company (just finished our summer soft launch), so there is a lot of room in Jewell for these women. They will sign under a GH Leader.
So what about the consultants who were Leaders already at GH. So basically Jewell brought all the consultants from GH and that's how they are getting the majority of their consultants is how I perceived it. If I was a Leader in one company I would want to be a leader in the new company that brought me. It doesn't seem right to me at all.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Registered WAHM

Sad to hear....
Old 08-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Default What a Shame! :(

I am sorry GiGi Consultants!

I can not imagine getting an email explaining that the company is closing! Good luck to all of the consultants finding a great company!

For anyone who is interested in joining a new, family owned, young, fast growing company, please email me! Simply Said, LLC is an awesome company! I will be happy to share any information that could help you! Now is a great time to jump on board because we are offering Starter Kit Cash Back! You can get started for very little money!!

Best Wishes!
Simply,
Rebecca
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Default As a former Gigi Hill Leader

As a former leader with Gigi Hill, I can tell you we were all astonished when we got the news that GGH had closed their doors. Looking back, they knew they were in trouble for at least six months, yet did very little to 'cut back'. That would have raised red flags. At first we were all heartbroken. Then, we received another email saying we wouldn't be paid commissions earned for the weeks prior to them closing their doors and our customers would likely not be getting their orders. Just as they sent that email out to the stylists, they sent one to our customers announcing the closing of the business but said to please watch their Facebook site for one of a kind bags that would be sold in the weeks to come.
That infuriated many former stylists and customers. To not pay out commissions or fill orders that they had been paid for, and then to ask people to continue to buy from them was unthinkable. I believe the response was not what they were expecting and shortly after that they shut their Facebook page down.
At one point, we did feel sorry for Gabrielle and Monica, but maybe not so much now. We have heard many rumors that they were made an offer they couldn't refuse to start a new line for another ds company,and their email suggested that they would be back with a new line someday. We also heard that there were offers to buy GGH but they were too proud to sell so they chose to close their doors rather than sell the company.
It appears that we were lied to for quite awhile and multiple times. That was one of the reasons that myself and a small group of other women sought options outside of Jewell. It seemed too convenient that they set that all up for us and we were expected to just convert over like GGH had never happened. Nothing against Jewell, but they weren't really my style and I didn't have a lot of positive response from my customers when I showed them the Jewell line.
We landed at another young handbag company called Chaumé. The bags are adorable and they offer a lot of options for dressing up the bags to change them to suit your style. Myself and my team are 'founding members' with Chaumé as they have yet to have 100 stylists join. Both of the owners have personally called me and several of the other ladies who joined and have gotten to know us.
With everything that happened with Gigi Hill, we all just want to move on at this point. I wish the ladies who joined Jewell tons of success and I know that those if us who joined Chaumé are already having a wonderful response to our new bags. I also know what the warning signs are now for a company that is spiraling downhill and if I ever see them again, I'll know to get out while I can.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hothandbags View Post
As a former leader with Gigi Hill, I can tell you we were all astonished when we got the news that GGH had closed their doors. Looking back, they knew they were in trouble for at least six months, yet did very little to 'cut back'. That would have raised red flags. At first we were all heartbroken. Then, we received another email saying we wouldn't be paid commissions earned for the weeks prior to them closing their doors and our customers would likely not be getting their orders. Just as they sent that email out to the stylists, they sent one to our customers announcing the closing of the business but said to please watch their Facebook site for one of a kind bags that would be sold in the weeks to come.
That infuriated many former stylists and customers. To not pay out commissions or fill orders that they had been paid for, and then to ask people to continue to buy from them was unthinkable. I believe the response was not what they were expecting and shortly after that they shut their Facebook page down.
At one point, we did feel sorry for Gabrielle and Monica, but maybe not so much now. We have heard many rumors that they were made an offer they couldn't refuse to start a new line for another ds company,and their email suggested that they would be back with a new line someday. We also heard that there were offers to buy GGH but they were too proud to sell so they chose to close their doors rather than sell the company.
It appears that we were lied to for quite awhile and multiple times. That was one of the reasons that myself and a small group of other women sought options outside of Jewell. It seemed too convenient that they set that all up for us and we were expected to just convert over like GGH had never happened. Nothing against Jewell, but they weren't really my style and I didn't have a lot of positive response from my customers when I showed them the Jewell line.
We landed at another young handbag company called Chaumé. The bags are adorable and they offer a lot of options for dressing up the bags to change them to suit your style. Myself and my team are 'founding members' with Chaumé as they have yet to have 100 stylists join. Both of the owners have personally called me and several of the other ladies who joined and have gotten to know us.
With everything that happened with Gigi Hill, we all just want to move on at this point. I wish the ladies who joined Jewell tons of success and I know that those if us who joined Chaumé are already having a wonderful response to our new bags. I also know what the warning signs are now for a company that is spiraling downhill and if I ever see them again, I'll know to get out while I can.
I wish you success with your new company Chaume.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Banned

Glad you hear you found your niche with Chaume. Best of luck to you!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wow, thanks for sharing your side of the story with us. It sounds like you found a new home you're excited about and sometimes you just never know what goes on behind closed doors with direct sales companies. I'm always curious when companies start reducing their start up kits. Not that those things mean the company is hurting but perhaps that's one of the things to look for? But in reality, unless you're part of the staff, it's hard to know for sure. All my best to you at Chaume and your team!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Grand WAHM

That's so hard. Sorry to hear!