Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Cool My how times have changed

I was just thinking the other day about how different most of our DS companies approach advertising and the internet today versus just a few years ago. Social media has changed the landscape of how we can & do,do business. The in person "party" I think will always play an important part of our businesses but we even have a social media person at our home office that produces graphics & content and actively helps us use social media to grow our businesses. Whereas 8 years ago when I got into DS the company I was with was much more conservative in us being online & our advertising. Some companies wouldn't even let you use your company name online. SimplyFun is currently finishing up our new, first of it's kind, truly virtual party that is launching next month. (Live video of each participant with a webcam, a personal shopper, quizzes/games, shopping carts & wishlists, live chat, video demos, etc. all in just 30 minutes) I would have never dreamed of something like this a couple years ago.

I think more companies are seeing that the younger generation "parties" differently and many busy Moms want a different choice for shopping and are quickly becoming adept at helping us build national businesses from wherever we are. I am so excited to see how our business continue to grow and evolve in this social media world. Aren't you?!

Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have only been in direct sales for 4 years and I have seen tremendous changes with the use of social media in the last few years. I think it is great that Simply Fun is incorporating the virtual party which will work well in demonstrating games. I think the party format will be less intimidating to those that do not like to invite people to their homes or have a network of friends that do not live close by.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM
WAHM Regular

being able to use social media is a life saver, being a stay at home mom it lets me get a lot of things done over the internet, in person I still feel is the best but I am able to get a lot done online
Old 07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Super WAHM

This was one of the biggest reasons I dropped my last DS company and joined a new one. The old DS company had pages upon pages of rules for using social media to sell. Social media provides such a huge opportunity to make connections! I want to be able to use it to run my business. My new DS company is one of the first to sell almost exclusively through social media. Our websites are even integrated with Facebook. I'm much happier now!