Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Creative Memories is "exiting" their business

Did this get mentioned and I missed it? This is the letter I got from Creative Memories tonight. I'm not a rep, but have been in the past.

Thank you so much.
We very much appreciate the support you’ve shown for Creative Memories’ products and mission over the years, and thought you might like to know that we’re winding down and exiting the Creative Memories business, in order to create a bright new future.

So what does this mean in the here-and-now?

While Supplies Last Products
Most of the Traditional product line is now while supplies last. So if there’s a product you’ve had your eye on, you may want to get it right away. Any products marked WSL that sell out won’t be restocked.

New Products
We know it seems odd to offer brand new products when you’re exiting a business, but we had exciting product in the works at the time of our bankruptcy filing in April and we wanted to get it to market to share with you. (Stop by the St. Cloud office sometime, and our developers would be happy to make you a coffee and explain more about it.) So there are some really lovely new products for Kids, Celebrate products and more that are all Limited Edition - and are also while supplies last.

“Ooh…that’s back?” Products
As you may imagine, we need to start the new business with clean shelves, so you’ll find products like former limited editions and tools that were offered in earlier campaigns. They’re still totally relevant and cute (and yep, are also all while supplies last).

Last Chance Order Products
You’ll see some products on the site that have a “Temporarily Unavailable” note on them, like Refill Pages, Page Protectors, and some Coversets. These are currently oversold, but we have a fix for that. July 8-31 we’ll open up a “Last Chance” order period. What that means is that we’ll take pre-orders, order the materials and manufacture them so you have as many as you need. This may take a while, but we will guarantee you get the quantities you order. So you may want to take a look at your needs for current and future projects and plan accordingly to take advantage of the Last Chance timeframe.

Digital products
We’re working very, very hard to find a way to continue digital for all of our passionate digital customers in North America. And those conversations and negotiations are taking place as we speak. So for now, please be patient, and ignore any rumors. Digital printing and products are still available. As we work this through, we will absolutely share more.

Thank you, again, for being a valued customer. We appreciate you, and hope that you’ll choose to join us as we reinvent our business in the future.

All the best,
The Creative Memories Home Office Team
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 07:45 AM
WAHM Addict

Wow, my girlfriend has been in CM for a very long time. That's such a shame. I wonder what their new line will be?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Grand WAHM

Oh wow, sorry to hear that.
Looking forward to see what is new for them.

Teresa
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Banned

I'm anxious to find out which direction they are going to take!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

It will have to be in the digital space since this is where there is increase in sales. The company was able to save about 160 jobs because it was able to change the direction.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 PM
WAHM Regular

It does make sense they are changing direction. My Mom's best friend sells it so heard the news from her. I used to love them but it has been so long since I have done any paper scrapbooking
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That's sad. I have a ton of their stuff in my closet. Haven't scrapped in a good 7-8 years, but have all of the fixins to make a baby book for my 7 year-old. Sounds like I better check stock and buy whatever else I might need in the event that I ever get around to doing it!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
WAHM Regular

It is sad... but I guess I am not surprised. Most scrapbooking is digital or you can go to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby (at least around here). Hopefully any consultants that have been using that as their sole income find something similar or new to keep them going. I couldn't imagine being told.... boom that's it. Good luck to all!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Always a shame to hear this kind of news.