Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Best tips for online parties?

I've been doing a lot of facebook parties lately- some are successful but some are not. Are any of you sucessful with online events? Can you share your tips for success?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
WAHM Veteran

Even though you're offering online ordering and a virtual party, you still need to engage your guests with personal contact via phone, text, something other than just bulk announcements to the masses. You should treat it as any other party and simply remind them of the convenience of shopping from their seat.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Super WAHM

If you are doing Facebook parties, make sure the host lets everyone know personally as the Facebook invites may not be reaching everyone. I have also been doing Facebook Flash Parties. They are interactive and great for everyone. I have a door prize given away to one of the people who check into my who is here thread. I also have videos of me introducing myself and my products, another one showing how to apply our nail wraps,(I send out samples so they can apply them during this point of the party) and another discussing booking parties, hostess rewards, and our business opportunity. I also play games, answer questions, and try to keep the party fun. I try to keep it within a half hour to an hour tops. I am there the whole time so it just like a home party.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

wahinmyjammies

These are some great ideas in how to engage people online. What do you think is the most effective tip?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 AM
WAHM Veteran

There's no one 'most effective tip'. It's important to try a multitude of things and not get stuck in the mindset that 'THIS' is what works best. Interacting is dynamic and it's important to keep an open mind and adjust as necessary.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

I do not do online parties because I find people need to experience the skin care first hand. The take away from this discussion is that you still need to interact with people rather than depending on a mass invite to a FB party. I have purchased products from online parties and recall that these consultants made a point to interact with the invitees.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I tend to do Home Party with products that require demonstration, so I've never had success with a facebook party. Plus people seem to think of it as less of a commitment to attend than a real party, where it is hard enough to get people to honor their RSVP.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahinmyjammies View Post
If you are doing Facebook parties, make sure the host lets everyone know personally as the Facebook invites may not be reaching everyone. I have also been doing Facebook Flash Parties. They are interactive and great for everyone. I have a door prize given away to one of the people who check into my who is here thread. I also have videos of me introducing myself and my products, another one showing how to apply our nail wraps,(I send out samples so they can apply them during this point of the party) and another discussing booking parties, hostess rewards, and our business opportunity. I also play games, answer questions, and try to keep the party fun. I try to keep it within a half hour to an hour tops. I am there the whole time so it just like a home party.
Love the idea of using videos!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Health and Business Coach

I have never even thought about doing online parties on facebook. Do you just send out an event invitation and then make sure everyone is on the event page at a certain time?

Alli
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahinmyjammies View Post
Wow this is great!
Has anyone use Google+ hangout for online parties? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 09-11-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: removed active link