Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Oh gosh, my kiddos are too young yet. Although, I plan on transferring my husbands leg of the business to them when they are older and work it for a while if they choose that they want it. I think it's great that you are getting them started. I spent a day talking to high schoolers about network marketing and there were many that loved the idea and wished they were 18 lol
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I agree I was surprised to hear that they are able to be set up when under 18, and if that is the case I have a 16 year old nephew is a burgeoning entrepreneur who would do great. Thanks for letting the others here know, and good luck to your kiddos!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM
WAHM Regular

that's great! Wish I had started at a young age.
what is Mia Bella?
I also heard that South Hill Designs allows 16 and up to join, so that's cool too! Jamberry is perfect for teenagers, I just purchased my first wraps last week!!! my 10 year old is excited about them.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by almarosa View Post
that's great! Wish I had started at a young age.
what is Mia Bella?
I also heard that South Hill Designs allows 16 and up to join, so that's cool too! Jamberry is perfect for teenagers, I just purchased my first wraps last week!!! my 10 year old is excited about them.
Mia Bella is a candle company. (My son loves candles!)

We're also working through "The Richest Man in Babylon" - he's going to be doing very well in 5 or 10 years, I think.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:05 AM
WAHM Addict

Thats awesome you are teaching your kids to be in business for themselves...I wish them the best of luck!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 AM
WAHM Regular

I think that is so awesome. I saw the sister of one of my former students (taught in middle school for a bit) on a Facebook Direct Sales board. She is doing paparazzi. I think it is a great way for students of that age to earn some extra income, especially as they go into college.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Great to see your children getting involved in direct sales.

Just in case anyone is curious:
To address the 18 year old issue...I did want to state that Perfectly Posh does have their Pretty line which allows anyone 16 and older to sign up. Jerky Direct is another business of which I am aware that allows teenagers to sign up with their own store front.

Maybe there are others?

Melissa
Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink

I have two daughters (23 &17) that just bought a domain name for their own business, that they are developing.

My 23 yr old just signed on with another company that all of us were excited about. I even considered signing under her. But then I stumbled across a brand new company with a brand new concept, Mialisia and I immediately sign on because I could sell and show inside my current skin care practice business. That was so unique for me to find out. My Demo kit arrived Sat. We went on a few day trip with it and OMG the response was amazing and so fun!
Meanwhile my 23 yr old returned her kit and resigned from the other company after only a week in, because she had one customer order to place for a customer for a graduation gift. After placing the order she came to me in tears, because the high shipping cost (she took the hit), very low commission on that order and the % she had to pay using square. She made nearly nothing, suddenly, fear gripped her because she invested over $400 into that company.
Well today,she was notified she was refunded from that company. Which is great to know how fast they refunded her and she has signed up with Mialisia now too! So now we can work together!
It seemed like it would be hard or a conflict somehow working two different companies for us. I think because we are all girls. It may be totally different with a son and a daughter (and two different products and companies).
In any event, I think what we entrepreneurial moms are showing our kids, is to be young business people, take control of their futures and not get stuck in the 9-5 rut, (no offense to those that want and enjoy 9-5), we are inspiring them.
In a direct sales, you have to work hard to have success, but we choose our products we enjoy and like. It is not a get rich quick scheme. You can make it more or less depending on what your individual goals are. Which is truly freeing!

I applaud you ShayinNC, for supporting your young ones to be inspiring role models! Best wishes for your young business people. Good job mom!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

That's awesome! And yes, some companies do offer under 18 options. Perfectly Posh has a Pretty Please line that offers an opportunity to those 16 and up to work from their smart phone. Congrats to your kids.. I love to see younger generations growing into direct sales.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you for all of the posts of encouragement.